Was Selina a 'screwed-up sorority chick'...

Started by johnnygobbs, Thu, 6 Mar 2014, 09:30

Previous topic - Next topic
...whose daddy didn't buy her that pony when she turned sweet sixteen?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Before transformation Selina was a downtrodden secretary. It was a man's world and she knew her place. When she overstepped the mark, they let her know. And she chastised herself afterwards.

This led to her being pushed out of window even though she knew what was coming:

This quote from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is brilliant and sums it up:
QuoteLet me ask you something? Why don't people trust their instincts? They sense something is wrong, someone is walking too close behind them... You knew something was wrong but you came back into the house. Did I force you, did I drag you in? No. All I had to do was offer you a drink. It's hard to believe that the fear of offending can be stronger than the fear of pain. But you know what? It is. And they always come willingly. And then they sit there. They know it's all over just like you do but somehow they still think they have a chance. Maybe if I say the right thing? Maybe if I'm polite. If I cry, if I beg.

I imagine Selina growing up being a generally nice girl with boyfriends. Ala that racketball answering machine message. After the incident with Max, she would've generally loathed the concept of men and their power. She wouldn't hesitate again. She would become the aggressor.

Sure, but did all this inner-rage extend from Selina's daddy not buying her a pony when she was sixteen, as Oswald implies?

Thank you for the short and succinct answer The Dark Knight but doesn't anyone else think Selina got rather rattled when Oswald implied she was a 'screwed up sorority chick...'?  It was the line that prompted her to put his bird in her mouth.

No.

I don't think she was even listening. She was focused on the bird all along.

exactly tdk. all she was hearing was blah blah blah blah. and all she was thinking was "LUNCH!" lmao.

Quote from: Catwoman on Fri,  7 Mar  2014, 05:57
exactly tdk. all she was hearing was blah blah blah blah. and all she was thinking was "LUNCH!" lmao.
Was she always thinking of food?  Later in the film she complains about how she 'hadn't been fed all day' when the Ice Princes refers to the Penguin's 'fish breath'.  And she also complains about being described as weighing 140lbs by the press.

It almost makes me think the role was written for a much larger woman than the very slender Michelle Pfeiffer.

Most women have concerns about weight, even the slender ones like Selina.
The fact she says "haven't been fed all day" means she's not eating.

i think it was more a mind of the cat thing. and it was kind of like the slyvester and tweety cartoons. slyvester will just be going along about his merry way but the minute he gets a glimpse of tweety, that becomes his total focus (always to his ultimate and usually painful undoing). she saw that little birdie and decided to get in touch with her feline side.

as with most things you have way overthought this but it was a great scene worth being brought up. the coolest thing is michelle actually had the bird in her mouth. i wonder what the bird's salary was lol.