89 and Returns posters, post them here!

Started by BladeAndBatman FanChuck, Wed, 16 Jul 2008, 01:43

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys,

I wanted to see if everyone could post photos of all the 1989 Batman and Batman Returns posters that you all have ever seen.  There are a few I wanted to track down for my collection, but I haven't seen since I was young. 

I thought I would start a thread here where we all share the posters we have, of we have seen.

Thanks!!!

---Chuck

--
--
----It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me!!!!!!

Batman Posters

Batman Returns Posters

I have alot of hi-res versions of those and some extra to upload.  I will try my best to get them up this weekend and post here when i do  ;D

Can anyone provide some more information on those early (airbrushed?) BATMAN posters?
They look strange.

Quote from: Batman on Wed, 16 Jul  2008, 18:51
Can anyone provide some more information on those early (airbrushed?) BATMAN posters?
They look strange.

those were prototype posters designed by the WB art dept.

Ah, so that's why they were titled "early".  ;D

I assumed they might be cheap posters created in foreign countries known for their slightly bizarre poster choices.

Quote from: raleagh on Wed, 16 Jul  2008, 18:05
Batman Returns Posters
In my opinion, the Batman Returns posters are among the very best in the series. I especially like the Quad and The Cat, The Bat and The Penguin posters.

Fri, 25 Jul 2008, 10:36 #6 Last Edit: Fri, 25 Jul 2008, 10:46 by raleagh
I agree on the Returns posters. The one-sheet with the three faces as well as the three character posters, all in black, white and blue, look simply amazing.

I also love some of the 80s looking Batman posters like these

and this one is stunning, amazing

raleagh, it'd be lovely if you uploaded some hi-res versions of all this artwork.

(edit: hope you don't mind, i changed your links to clickable thumbs [the code is on the bottom of each page] - thanks, raleagh)

Quote from: silenig on Fri, 25 Jul  2008, 10:36
raleagh, it'd be lovely if you uploaded some hi-res versions of all this artwork.

That's all I got, but if anyone else has some - upload them!

You did what I intended to do but I never figured how to upload pics in forum posts.  :(

The largest I have is 1400x2000 posters of Two-Face and Chase Meridian, and a 2048x3000 poster of Forever.