Bruce's Romance...Vicky Vale or Selina Kyle?

Started by Vexation, Sat, 12 Jul 2008, 22:09

Previous topic - Next topic
Tue, 15 Jul 2008, 15:47 #10 Last Edit: Tue, 15 Jul 2008, 15:56 by Burtonite_08
yeah was Selina a schizophrenic? Watching Returns i always got the impression that Selina's transformation into Catwoman wasn't supernatural but that she had a nervous breakdown following her fall and the cat's were an inspiration for her shattered psyche.

Sat, 21 Mar 2009, 04:44 #11 Last Edit: Sat, 21 Mar 2009, 14:51 by tbatman
Selina was a better love interest because of two reasons.

1. She had a better actress playing her. Michelle Pffieffer is two times prettier, and two times a better actress than Kim Basenger.

2. Selena Kyle was a better role to play than Vicki Vale.

Can't I have both? LOL. Anyway, for Bruce Wayne to live a truly normal life it would have to be Vicki. Bruce and Selina are almost on the same wavelenght in relation to their psyche, so it wouldn't be a departure from his dark and brooding persona. They say opposites attract, so Vicki would have been the better choice. Even in Batman, I noticed Bruce's reaction to her, he iis enamored and is the light at the end of his tunnel. She even wore white in the climax of the film, deliberately (check out behind the scenes of the Batman SE dvd)

Sat, 21 Mar 2009, 14:26 #13 Last Edit: Sat, 21 Mar 2009, 20:20 by Dark Knight Detective
Here's how I see it.

Had Thomas & Martha never died (which would lead to Bruce training to become Batman), Bruce would have continued his life as being a emotionally fine person. So this could possibly lead to him having a successful relationship with Vale, as he wouldn't go on a night of crime fighting everyday. Now as for a relationship with Selina, I'm sure that he could've made a new woman out of her (in other words, ease her mind & make her a little more open).

But since this didn't happen in Burton's films, I choose Selina. She & Bruce are the same, split right down the center.

None that is the point of both films lol

I think that Chase would have been with him forever tho, she was like an obsessed stalker/bat fan! lol He'd have problems getting rid of her!

Quote from: Joker81 on Sat, 21 Mar  2009, 17:50
I think that Chase would have been with him forever tho, she was like an obsessed stalker/bat fan! lol He'd have problems getting rid of her!

:D

But after learning that Bruce Wayne & Batman are one-in-the-same, I guess she needed some time off to rid herself of the confusion, which was why she left at Forever's end.

Pfeiffer's Selina/Catwoman is simply one of the best female characters in any superhero/comic book/fantasy film. There's simply no contest with the females in the rest of the Batman films ;D

Hard to choose! But I'll take Mrs. Kyle. She's sooooo sexy! ;D
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Quote from: GuedesGothamKnight on Sun, 22 Mar  2009, 16:25
Hard to choose! But I'll take Mrs. Kyle. She's sooooo sexy! ;D

I agree! She's 50 & still sexy. How much more could a guy want?  8)

As much as I liked Vicki Vale in Batman 1989, Selina was definately more of a match for Keaton's Batman.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."