Bruce's Romance...Vicky Vale or Selina Kyle?

Started by Vexation, Sat, 12 Jul 2008, 22:09

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteIn some comic i used to have the name Selina Kyle was actually Bruce's wife and they had a daughter, which is where batgirl came from. I dont think that Selina Kyle was Catwoman though. Burton prob just used that name. I prefer a single Bruce Wayne though. A wife/girlfriend type character just doesnt fit in Batmans world.

The comic you are thinking of takes place on "Earth-2" which is the 1940's-1950's continuity. Selina retired from being Catwoman and married Bruce, they had a daughter named Helena who became the Huntress when Salina was killed after reluctantly dressing up as Catwoman again. When the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover was over that whole storyline was smacked out of existence and Helena became the Huntress that we know from more recent comics, although on the short-lived Birds of Prey series they made Huntress Catwoman's(and Batman's) daughter and placed it somewhat within the context of Batman Returns, even though they never got it on in the film.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Wed, 25 Mar 2009, 05:04 #21 Last Edit: Wed, 25 Mar 2009, 05:07 by Dark Knight Detective
^ Actually, the Huntress in the Post-Crisis era is a different character all together (same first name, but no relations to Bruce & Selina). And I guess that the Birds of Prey show could be considered an Elseworlds type of story in the DC live action media.

I wasn't saying she was still Bruce and Selina's daughter, I just can't remember what her new last name was. She's the daughter of some mob guy who is killed before her eyes and she becomes the Huntress out of vengeance, like the anime scene in Kill Bill 1.

Quote from: gordonblu on Wed, 25 Mar  2009, 05:24
I wasn't saying she was still Bruce and Selina's daughter, I just can't remember what her new last name was.

My mistake. Anyway, her name is Helena Bertinelli.

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Wed, 25 Mar  2009, 05:31
Quote from: gordonblu on Wed, 25 Mar  2009, 05:24
I wasn't saying she was still Bruce and Selina's daughter, I just can't remember what her new last name was.

My mistake. Anyway, her name is Helena Bertinelli.
I had thought of that , but for some reason, whenever I think of Helena Bertinelli I think I'm getting her confused with Valerie Bertinelli. Thanks, maybe now I can remember it. And I'm sorry I wasn't clearer in my earlier post.

i think the definition for selina is MILF!!