Is There a Plausible Way to Tie 'Batman Returns' to 'Batman Forever'?

Started by Burtonite_08, Sat, 12 Jul 2008, 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic
My favorite emblem is the Anton Furst design--                                 

http://www.batmanmovieonline.com/gallery.php?showpicture=2232

It looks as if it could be a coat and arms for an army IMO.

Furst's emblem is iconic. I love how it shines in all of its glory! 8) But my favorite is Welch's, with all of that snow being blown by the wind. It's EPIC! ;D

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Sat, 17 Jan  2009, 14:26
Furst's emblem is iconic. I love how it shines in all of its glory! 8) But my favorite is Welch's, with all of that snow being blown by the wind. It's EPIC! ;D

I believe that emblem is actually Furst's design with ice and snow. You're right though, it does rule! 8)

Sat, 17 Jan 2009, 16:23 #23 Last Edit: Fri, 30 Jan 2009, 03:54 by The Batman Returns
Maybe you're right, but Furst didn't work on Returns. Also, I believe Furst's emblem was made w/ a computer, whereas Returns has an emblem that looks man made. Still, I love his Gotham City! ;D BTW Batass, did you really get your name from TF's monologue in his 1st scene? From what I recall, doesn't he say "Counting on the winged avenger to deliver you from evil?"

Sat, 17 Jan 2009, 19:45 #25 Last Edit: Mon, 16 Feb 2009, 21:39 by The Batman Returns
From what I've read, yes he did.

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Sat, 17 Jan  2009, 16:23
Maybe you're right, but Furst didn't work on Returns. Also, I believe Furst's emblem was made w/ a computer, whereas Returns has an emblem that looks man made. Still, I love his Gotham City! ;D BTW Batass, did you really get your name from TF's monologue in his 1st scene? From what I recall, doesn't he say "Counting on the winged avenger to save you?"

He didn't say it in the film, it was only in the script:

40      WIDER                                                          40

Witness the rakishly handsome profile of HARVEY TWO-FACE
         DENT, the other side of his face hidden in shadow.

TWO-FACE
                   You. Sport. Any thoughts? Counting
                   on Batass to rescue you?

PULL BACK TO REVEAL

A SECURITY GUARD, laying on the floor, wrists and feet
         bound, trembling with fear.

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Batman-Forever.html

I also meant to say one more thing about the Returns emblem, & that is that the snow in the emblem goes with what Mr. Freeze says in B & R which is "Tonight's forecast: 'A freeze is coming!'" :D However, that quote doesn't make B & R a passable Batman film.

It's funny that even the ice emblem at the beginning of B&R looks like an amateur job, drawn with photoshop in 10 minutes

I believe Schumacher basically took a very different approach to the material than the approach Burton had with it, and I'm sure that was encouraged by WB anyways.

Batman Forever certainly isnt a complete and total restart and screams, "reboot". But on the other hand, it's not a film that seems like a direct sequel either. More like a loose sequel than anything else.

The novelization by Peter David did alot in trying to tie BF and BR as much as humanly possible, and I applaud David for doing that. It's also apparent that WB felt Forever was a sequel as well since WB apparently entertained the idea of Jack reprising his role as the Joker given Batman and Robin's box office numbers were better.

But we all know how that turned out.  :D

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."