25th Anniversary Celebration ideas

Started by Paul (ral), Mon, 4 Nov 2013, 15:53

Previous topic - Next topic
Well I haven't really been looking after myself as of late johnny

ftr that simply means that i am not a twig who uses her navel ring for a paperweight to keep her from flying off if the breeze gets up. i'm not a fatass either. since SOMEBODY seems to have a TEENY TINY bit of trouble differentiating that.

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Tue,  5 Nov  2013, 08:06
Y'know what's funny? I wouldn't think such an idea a for-sure nowadays, but for anyone that's known me dating back to the days of TDK's theatrical run on SuperHeroHype's forum knows how unlikely I thought it was we'd EVER get to see the Burton films get any new recognition.

But now look! Hot Toys, Sideshow, Mattel.... I mean, really true mainstream support again. Not treated like the primary adaptation anymore, but still. Nowadays I wouldn't be too surprised if something like a new "making-of" book were to come out.

Not too likely. But no longer impossible.

No longer a primary adaptation? It is for me mate and always shall! And if it really isn't then the honour should belong to that animated series and not the overrated Bale pictures. They sometimes lack the true Batman imagery done in many cases better in either the Burton films or the Bruce Timm world. If it's childhood nostalgia merely talking then so be it. I personally don't follow the word of other fans like some dumb sheep.

But your quite right. Merchandise is coming thick and fast and it pleases me also to see the unfairly demonised Adam West show getting a surge of merchandising interest. 2012 belonged to Christian Bale but 2013 is Adam West's year by far. It's comic book spinoff series is the best Batman comic on the stalls. Fun has been restored at last to comic book reading after a hugely overdue time. I haven't even bothered buying any of the proper Batman series for some time.

The Burton series was a huge and proud series in it's day and deserves continuing respect. And the original movie's level of "Batmania" is still more elaborate and memorable than anything the Dark Knight Trilogy could muster in any of it's campaign's. I think the whole typical fanboy thing of saying the older films have been erased from public memory has been blown laughably out of proportion. In fact I don't seriously consider any fan who believes that a true Batman fan if they choose to deliberately right off eras of the character's history simply to suit their tastes. For a character who is all about different interpretations it's a rather dumb thing for a so called fan to do. The new movies have more increased the popularity of the old by bringing them back into the public conscious. The success of Batman Begins was certainly partially due to the fact the series had already enjoyed established success through the 90's and after being away a long time there was great interest on it's 2005 return. It was by no means a series that had to build it's stature and success up from the ground against the odds such as Bryan Singer's original X-Men did.

It may interest some to know a recent British poll for the public's favorite Batman came up with a surprising frontrunner in light of all this silly Nolanite dominance. Keaton came second but in first place it certainly wasn't Christian Bale. No, it was Adam West! If people still champion the original camp king of Gotham there will always be a place for Keaton's world too and the rest.

I went through a phase where I wanted to be as pale and thin as possible. In stark contrast to the sunburnt, overweight crowd.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed,  6 Nov  2013, 23:47
I went through a phase where I wanted to be as pale and thin as possible. In stark contrast to the sunburnt, overweight crowd.
Like a typical Tim Burton protagonist?  :)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu,  7 Nov  2013, 02:25
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed,  6 Nov  2013, 23:47
Like a typical Tim Burton protagonist?  :)
Not inspired by that, but yes, I suppose so. I still have these thoughts but not as strong as before. I'm like that effectively, anyway.

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed,  6 Nov  2013, 01:40
Quote from: Paul (ral) on Wed,  6 Nov  2013, 01:27
Do you weigh more than 108?

what an offensive question. you creep.

yes. :-[

lol.

Don't want you to hold us up in the middle. ;)

Some very rare footage here with Burton giving us a tour of when the sets were being constructed on the Pinewood's set.