25th Anniversary Celebration ideas

Started by Paul (ral), Mon, 4 Nov 2013, 15:53

Previous topic - Next topic
Only a few months away from Batman 89's 25th year.

I was thinking of a way to involve large numbers of people.

Karaoke! Get as many fans as possible to video themselves singing along to Batdance and then edit then all together into 1 music video...with Princes audio of course.

Does that sound dumb?

There is just one thing I want for a Batman anniversary. In this age of re-releasing old movies in enhanced digital prints and such from Back to the Future to Jurassic Park, I want Warner Bros to re-release the movie in cinemas in Britain!!! But hold off the damn 3D.

And while your at it Warners do the same with Batman Returns sometime. Never seen the original two at theatres. Just one year old in 1989 and was refused at being allowed to see Batman Returns.

But also after all the great behind the scenes books recently such as The Making of the Dark Knight Trilogy and the "Vault" collections of things like Alien and Terminator 2, can we not have a similar and newly updated behind the scenes book on Burton's movie? Packed with colour and black and white photographs, original production artwork, merchandise glimpses and new interviews with cast and crew all thoroughly researched. The 1990's making of books are superb but after all these years it's time for a new modernised edition for an anniversary.

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Mon,  4 Nov  2013, 17:43
But also after all the great behind the scenes books recently such as The Making of the Dark Knight Trilogy and the "Vault" collections of things like Alien and Terminator 2, can we not have a similar and newly updated behind the scenes book on Burton's movie? Packed with colour and black and white photographs, original production artwork, merchandise glimpses and new interviews with cast and crew all thoroughly researched. The 1990's making of books are superb but after all these years it's time for a new modernised edition for an anniversary.
I doubt it would ever happen but can we petition for this Cobblepot4Mayor.  My dream would be a Making Of Book for Batman and Batman Returns, even if they were included in the same book, that was similar to the recent Star Wars film books encompassing the entire production of these films.

Like I say I doubt that will ever happen.  Unfortunately, 'Batman & Robin's' association with the Burton films have rather tarnished their legacy, and the entire Burton/Schumacher franchise has been eclipsed in most people's eyes by the Nolan movies.  Then again, maybe a book comprehensively and retrospectively dealing with all the various big-screen incarnations of Batman from the 1940s movies, to the 1967 TV spin-off to the Burton, Schumacher and Nolan franchises is a much more realistic prospect.  I'd settle for that as long as it didn't skimp on the Burton Batman content.

Here's another idea.  Maybe we could work together as a team on this site to produce our own book detailing the production of 'Batman' and 'Batman Returns'. :-\
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Y'know what's funny? I wouldn't think such an idea a for-sure nowadays, but for anyone that's known me dating back to the days of TDK's theatrical run on SuperHeroHype's forum knows how unlikely I thought it was we'd EVER get to see the Burton films get any new recognition.

But now look! Hot Toys, Sideshow, Mattel.... I mean, really true mainstream support again. Not treated like the primary adaptation anymore, but still. Nowadays I wouldn't be too surprised if something like a new "making-of" book were to come out.

Not too likely. But no longer impossible.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

i'll volunteer to play vicki vale in any videos. i'll have to seriously work on my scream though.

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Wed,  6 Nov  2013, 01:27
Do you weigh more than 108?

what an offensive question. you creep.

yes. :-[

lol.

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed,  6 Nov  2013, 01:40
Quote from: Paul (ral) on Wed,  6 Nov  2013, 01:27
Do you weigh more than 108?

what an offensive question. you creep.

yes. :-[

lol.
I'm surprised.  I thought you would have weighed less...
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.