Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Started by The Laughing Fish, Fri, 25 Oct 2013, 00:46

Previous topic - Next topic
The first trailer has been released today.

It looks quite good. I like this better than the recent Thor: The Dark World trailers.

Has anyone read the Winter Soldier storyline by Ed Brubaker? He has said some highly positive things of this movie.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Trailer was pretty cool.

As far as Marvel goes, Cap is one of my favorites, and I'm looking forward to seeing the follow-up, as I quite enjoyed the initial 2010 Captain America TFA film.

I've read the 'Winter Soldier' arc by Brubaker, and it is indeed pretty great. The guy did something alot of fans thought could never be done. Which was bringing back James 'Bucky' Barnes in a satisfying manner. It's actually a arc that is definitely worth checking out if anyone hasn't done so already, but then again, Brubaker's entire run on Cap fits into that equation as well.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Good trailer. The first Cap movie was one of the best superhero films in my opinion.

Quote from: The Joker on Fri, 25 Oct  2013, 14:52

Trailer was pretty cool.

As far as Marvel goes, Cap is one of my favorites, and I'm looking forward to seeing the follow-up, as I quite enjoyed the initial 2010 Captain America TFA film.

I've read the 'Winter Soldier' arc by Brubaker, and it is indeed pretty great. The guy did something alot of fans thought could never be done. Which was bringing back James 'Bucky' Barnes in a satisfying manner. It's actually a arc that is definitely worth checking out if anyone hasn't done so already, but then again, Brubaker's entire run on Cap fits into that equation as well.

I read winter soldier as well. It is pretty good, are they bringing Bucky back in the film? I kind of wish this film was coming before the avengers, I wanted to see more of the 'man out of time' element although it seems Cap hadn't been unthawed for long before the avengers so perhaps we'll get some of that here.

I'm definitely much more interested in it than Thor 2. not sure how I feel about Guardians of the galaxy.

Looks really good.  My only gripe at this juncture is, well, one that I have with most films.  The SFX have become generic.  They use the same limited color palette to maximize realism, but somehow it just looks bland.  Many of the films last summer looked indistinguishable from one another due to the same cartoonery-posing-as-action.

Still, I love me some cap, and I also enjoyed the hell out of the comic (though this looks to be a bit of a departure).

We'll see.  :)

New trailer. I think this looks absolutely fantastic.

Wow!  This does look awesome.  Could be the best 'MU' film since 'The Avengers' based on this trailer.

I'm hoping for a 'surprise' villain in this one.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I like the look of this. I think what's been lacking from the Marvel films so far is strong villains. Aside from Loki, most of the enemies aren't terribly threatening and are quickly dispensed with by the heroes. I'm hoping that'll change when Thanos and Ultron show up. But the Winter Soldier looks like he could be the first of a new breed of truly challenging opponents. I also like the fact the trailer suggests a more serious tone than some of the other Marvel films.

First and foremost, the film looks exciting. It has some of the coolest looking action I've seen from a comic book film. I like the first one, but seeing Captain America in a modern setting is also such a breath of fresh air.

I have liked Black Widow's other appearances, but I think this one will work the best. In a more pure military, assassin type scenario. I like the villain, especially if they devote substantial time to him. Falcon looks amazing.

Though importantly, I suspect there will be meat to these bones. Morality and change are big themes for the character. Captain America has grown on me a lot, in part to Evan's performance.

I have seen the movie.

Top stuff. One of Marvel's best.

More to come.