Rumour: Reboot may be Batman Beyond

Started by The Laughing Fish, Thu, 18 Jul 2013, 13:01

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 21 Jul  2013, 21:46
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Sun, 21 Jul  2013, 21:44Sure if you go by the literal chronology...but who says that has to be case in every iteration? Sorry..I guess
As there's never been a shared live action universe on screen before, I'm saying it.

I'm not arguing with you. Sorry for having a point of view

I'm not arguing either. Just imparting my own.

Who is to say that Batman hasn't been operating in Gotham during the period of time that Clark was soul-searching?

The events of MOS happen so fast that not even Batman would have been able to respond to the magnitude of them.

Sorry for the knee jerk, but if I might elaborate..

The only reason I suggest an older Batman is I'm afraid that any new Batman movies might not get much traction in a post Nolan world, and I was hoping to see more that a re genesis. I guess I'm just jumping the gun, really. I want things to move quicker now that we've had the 'Year One concept explored thoroughly, for better or worse. Anxious I guess... once again sorry for snapping.

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Sun, 21 Jul  2013, 22:44Who is to say that Batman hasn't been operating in Gotham during the period of time that Clark was soul-searching?
Because canonically Superman is usually either the first ever superhero or else he's the first in a really long time.

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Sun, 21 Jul  2013, 22:44The events of MOS happen so fast that not even Batman would have been able to respond to the magnitude of them.
Then set MOS II/WF a year later.

Since this Batman is a reboot-Batman, my prediction is that he'll be in a similar stage of his career as Superman and the two heroes will, through their interactions, learn from each other and both develop into the "heroes we know and love" by the end, ala Kirk and Spock in the Abrams Star Trek films. 

I also think that having Batman as a rookie, like Superman, puts the two of them on more equal ground, which is more likely to happen in the MoS sequel than Superman working with a seasoned veteran crimefighter.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Sun, 21 Jul  2013, 22:54
Sorry for the knee jerk, but if I might elaborate..

The only reason I suggest an older Batman is I'm afraid that any new Batman movies might not get much traction in a post Nolan world, and I was hoping to see more that a re genesis. I guess I'm just jumping the gun, really. I want things to move quicker now that we've had the 'Year One concept explored thoroughly, for better or worse. Anxious I guess... once again sorry for snapping.
I actually think a rookie Batman in World's Finest (what I'm calling it for the time being) would help separate it further from the Nolan films.  Yes, we've seen a young Batman, but the last time that was really explored on film was in Batman Begins, which will be a decade old by the time the time WF is released.  Thanks to The Dark Knight Rises showing "the epic conclusion" to the story, general audiences feel like they've seen the whole course of Batman's career by now.  And with Nolan and Goyer (plus a Hans Zimmer score) still involved with the Man of Steel franchise, they need to clarify, more than ever, that this is a separate take.  So, having a young Batman in this next film would cement that this isn't just a new actor in a new Batsuit, like replacing Kilmer with Clooney- this is a new Batman entirely.

It also allows us to see the full development of this new take on the character, rather than meeting him after he's already been fighting crime for years and years.  This new Batman will get to develop over the course of World's Finest and it's likely that the next time we'll see him will be in Justice League. 

So, by the time this Batman gets his own standalone movie after that, he will no longer be a young rookie, he'll have encountered things no other onscreen Batman has encountered before, and audiences would've had two team-up movies to warm up to him and feel comfortable seeing him in standalone Gotham adventures.

Overall, I predict that this new Batman won't just develop due to his battles with villains, like in the previous movies- he'll be developing thanks to interacting and working with his fellow superheroes.  This could be a more DC Universe-centric Batman, along the lines of what we've seen in Justice League/JLU and The Brave and the Bold.  That might not be everyone's favorite take, but it's certainly something that hasn't been explored in live action on the big screen before.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

^As much as I like that idea, I've actually been hearing that this will be an older late 30's-early 40's Batman. To me that sounds really cool.

Fri, 2 Aug 2013, 10:12 #28 Last Edit: Fri, 2 Aug 2013, 17:11 by Silver Nemesis
IGN is reporting the rumour of the older Batman for the Man of Steel sequel.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/02/rumor-next-movie-batman-will-be-middle-aged-veteran-superhero

My own personal choice, Caviezel, is said to be one of the frontrunners under consideration. Which is interesting, as he and Cavill have previously worked together on The Count of Monte Cristo (2002).

They even have a bit of a fight scene towards the end of the film.

However it seems the source of the rumour is Batman-On-Film, so take it with a pinch of salt.

So...I wasn't completely a nozzle for putting forth the idea? :P