What is the Joker's motivation?

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 26 Jun 2008, 09:50

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah the Joker/Jack Napier was just so far gone into complete psychosis that it would probably be difficult to explain his motivations. He is after all a lunatic.

I know it had mostly to do with Jack's revenge on Batman primarily for dropping him into the acid (even though it was on accident) in axis chemicals.

I mean really other than that, it just gives The Joker more of a reason in the film to cause chaos  be muderous, and be his normal Joker self definitly not as much of a plot to his actions as Heath's Joker.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

We had this thread some time before. But I cant be bothered going into it again.

But what I will say is this, the perception that TDK has built (which I think is a weak part in that movie) that the Joker doesnt want to kill Batman and he needs Batman does NOT come into Batman 89! The Joker wanted to kill Batman. He was the only one in his way of having complete control of Gotham Ciy. (this is the conflict in my own mind of the sub-plot in TDK that Joker will not kill Batman - it just doesnt make sense to me, it verged on the ridiculas - thus making the Joker far less threatening to Batman and the general feeling of the whole movie. If Batman wont kill anyone! And Joker wont kill Batman, its less interesting. I dont care about the plebs of Gotham getting shot or blew up every 20 minutes.)

Anyway, Joker does want to kill Batman to me, just like in Batman #1 back in 1940!

"We've got a flying mouse to kill! And I wanna clean my claws!"

Quote from: Joker81 on Tue,  7 Oct  2008, 19:24
We had this thread some time before. But I cant be bothered going into it again.

It's the same thread  ;)

Lol, thanks Raleagh! I better stay off the drugs! lol Or get back on them one or the other! lol

I'll maybe try that smylex! ;D

Quote from: Joker81 on Tue,  7 Oct  2008, 22:34
Lol, thanks Raleagh! I better stay off the drugs! lol Or get back on them one or the other! lol

I'll maybe try that smylex! ;D

;D ;D ;D don't use brand x!

Quote from: Joker81 on Tue,  7 Oct  2008, 19:24

But what I will say is this, the perception that TDK has built (which I think is a weak part in that movie) that the Joker doesnt want to kill Batman and he needs Batman does NOT come into Batman 89! The Joker wanted to kill Batman. He was the only one in his way of having complete control of Gotham Ciy. (this is the conflict in my own mind of the sub-plot in TDK that Joker will not kill Batman - it just doesnt make sense to me, it verged on the ridiculas - thus making the Joker far less threatening to Batman and the general feeling of the whole movie. If Batman wont kill anyone! And Joker wont kill Batman, its less interesting. I dont care about the plebs of Gotham getting shot or blew up every 20 minutes.)

Anyway, Joker does want to kill Batman to me, just like in Batman #1 back in 1940!

"We've got a flying mouse to kill! And I wanna clean my claws!"

If you read a vast amount of Batman comics through the years, then you'll find that The Joker really dosent want to kill Batman because he has most of his fun taunting him and making hell for him to deal with ( hmmm thats odd just like The Joker does in TDK).

Theres so many interpretations of this character throughout the years its kinda hard to say what The Joker's initial motives are, most of the time complete chaos is his number 1 thing he likes to do.

He's The Joker. Does he need a motivation? He lives for chaos.

Yes Darkvengence, I dont like that subplot motive that the Joker doesnt kill batman because he is 'fun'. Its a ridiculas notion and takes the ruthless out of the character. That must have been thought up for 'the kids'.

But getting back to my point, and the fact that TDK Joker was supposed to be based on his first appearance, as in Batman #1 - he wanted to KILL batman in that comic.

And as for chaos, that seems to be a new word tdk fanboys have learned since the 24th of July 2008!

Quote from: Joker81 on Thu,  9 Oct  2008, 20:40
Yes Darkvengence, I dont like that subplot motive that the Joker doesnt kill batman because he is 'fun'. Its a ridiculas notion and takes the ruthless out of the character. That must have been thought up for 'the kids'.

But getting back to my point, and the fact that TDK Joker was supposed to be based on his first appearance, as in Batman #1 - he wanted to KILL batman in that comic.

And as for chaos, that seems to be a new word tdk fanboys have learned since the 24th of July 2008!

LOL It has not one thing to do with children, didnt you ever read the article with Nolan saying "This isnt a movie for kids"? Please seriously look up your facts before making foolhardy statements.

Go back and read atleast 4 Joker comics from every decade and you'll see Im right, if you find the "Batman in the 40's" and etc. you'll see what Im talking about, otherwise you have no real facts to back yourself up, and hating on TDK just makes you look, well.....silly.