The Ice Princess and Her Tragic Fate

Started by JokerMeThis, Sat, 8 Jun 2013, 03:17

Previous topic - Next topic
One thing I find quite amusing about the Ice Princess is the fact nobody ever bothers to say her real name. Even when they report her kidnapping on the news. It's always 'The Ice Princess'.

Come to think of it, why was she called the Ice Princess in the first place? Was she the spokesperson for a diamond company or something?

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Tue, 16 Jul  2013, 14:05
One thing I find quite amusing about the Ice Princess is the fact nobody ever bothers to say her real name. Even when they report her kidnapping on the news. It's always 'The Ice Princess'.

Come to think of it, why was she called the Ice Princess in the first place? Was she the spokesperson for a diamond company or something?
Yes, I wish she had been given a real name for the film.  I did read on TV Tropes that Mardi Gras queens tend not to be referred to by their real names for the duration of their 'reign' since their identity is meant to be a secret of sorts so maybe the Ice Princess beauty pageant title was consistent with that tradition, but then again, surely her real name would have been released following the news of her kidnap.

I think the 'Ice Princess' title is meant to be a pageant title befitting of the Christmas season (i.e. ice and snow).  So in other words, she's basically Gotham's 'Miss Christmas'.  I don't think it has anything to do with diamonds, although I'm sure she wears a lot of them, but alternatively, maybe she inherited a diamond fortune and 'Ice Princess' is a popular media term applied to her.

I think the term 'Ice Princess' is meant to evoke a stuck-up, cold, aloof personality.  The first draft of the screenplay suggested these types of characteristic but clearly they were much softened for the final film where she comes across as merely vain and self-absorbed rather than mean or nasty, although the novelisation and making-of book still refers to the Ice Princess as being the type to shove a little old lady to the ground to protect her skin during the Red Triangle Circus Gang's attack on Gotham Plaza (although once again that seems to play to the character's stupidity and lack of thought-processing during a tense situation as opposed to any genuine malice).
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

My favorite Beatle is McCartney but they were all great. None of them perfect, of course, because no one is, but I do look up to them.

the beatles are great but this train is way off the rails lol

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 16 Jul  2013, 19:54
the beatles are great but this train is way off the rails lol
;D Agreed.  Can you get it back on track?

Do you think the Ice Princess would want to go out with Chip Schreck?

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Wed, 17 Jul  2013, 06:05Do you think the Ice Princess would want to go out with Chip Schreck?
Sure, just wait for her to get finished up at the chiropractor and she'll be right over.

The Great White Dope and The Ice Princess. Ha.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 17 Jul  2013, 08:27
What about the 'Little Prince' and the 'Ice Princess'? They're both 'dopes'.  ;D

I wonder if their combined IQ would even reach triple figures...

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 17 Jul  2013, 13:22
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 17 Jul  2013, 08:27
What about the 'Little Prince' and the 'Ice Princess'? They're both 'dopes'.  ;D

I wonder if their combined IQ would even reach triple figures...

sure. if we're going in negatives.