The Ice Princess and Her Tragic Fate

Started by JokerMeThis, Sat, 8 Jun 2013, 03:17

Previous topic - Next topic
I agree, there was no need for them to appear in those films so they appeared in the third. Makes sense.

It makes no difference to me that TLJ is white and Billy Dee Williams is not, no more than it would make that Val Kilmer is blonde and Mike Keaton is not. They all played the same characters to me, Harvey Dent and Bruce Wayne/Two-Face and Batman, in the same universe.  :)

Batman could be very convincing, especially to Pat Hingle's Gordon lol.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Mon, 15 Jul  2013, 12:24

It makes no difference to me that TLJ is white and Billy Dee Williams is not, no more than it would make that Val Kilmer is blonde and Mike Keaton is not. They all played the same characters to me, Harvey Dent and Bruce Wayne/Two-Face and Batman, in the same universe.  :)

it was a joke.

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 15 Jul  2013, 12:27
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Mon, 15 Jul  2013, 12:24

it was a joke.
Did he visit the dermatologist before or after he was scarred by acid?  ;D
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 15 Jul  2013, 12:22
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon, 15 Jul  2013, 12:21
Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 15 Jul  2013, 12:18
as for the batsignal at the end, i thought batman even though he was heartbroken (and needed to find a new mask lol) immediately went to the commissioner to explain things after leaving the penguin's lair. so by then he was back in their good graces or whatever.
Maybe, but how is the Commissioner going to explain everything to the families of the victims when it appeared that Batman pushed the Ice Princess off a roof and was seen in the Batmobile careening down Gotham's streets hell-for-leather?  Surely there will be some people demanding he be brought before a court?

easy.

"i'm commissioner by god gordon, this is how it is, and if you don't like it you can build yourself a bridge and get over it."

lol.
What if there was an outcry and some powerful/wealthy people put pressure on Gordon to investigate Batman?

<< What if there was an outcry and some powerful/wealthy people put pressure on Gordon to investigate Batman? >>

Apparently that didn't happen, or if it did, it didn't have a bad outcome since Batman is still active a few years later in Batman Forever.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Mon, 15 Jul  2013, 17:35
<< What if there was an outcry and some powerful/wealthy people put pressure on Gordon to investigate Batman? >>

Apparently that didn't happen, or if it did, it didn't have a bad outcome since Batman is still active a few years later in Batman Forever.
Do you think the Ice Princess had any loved ones and how do you think they would react to the news of her death and Batman's suspected involvement?  Do you think the Princess had already cut her ties with her family?

I think her family loved her even after she became famous within Gotham...even I can't get over her death.

I'm sure they would take Batman and Gordon's word that it was the Penguin who caused her death.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue, 16 Jul  2013, 09:39
I think her family loved her even after she became famous within Gotham...even I can't get over her death.

I'm sure they would take Batman and Gordon's word that it was the Penguin who caused her death.
Wouldn't they want an investigation for their precious princess though?  There's something about the Ice Princess's narcissistic nature which makes me think she was the type of person who was probably spoiled and over-indulged and pampered by her parents as a young girl.  She has a 'whole world revolves around me' type of persona which makes me think that her parents wouldn't rest until the truth about her death was settled.

Also, does the Ice Princess remind you of Princess Diana in that she was another woman, sadly a real-life figure, who was a beautiful, charming, stylish, if not terribly bright, blonde 'princess' who died at a relatively young age under very tragic, and some say mysterious, circumstances?

She does remind me of Lady Diana because they were both blonde and died tragic deaths, but the similarities stop there.