The Ice Princess and Her Tragic Fate

Started by JokerMeThis, Sat, 8 Jun 2013, 03:17

Previous topic - Next topic
A lot of people have seen Batman Returns.  It was one of the biggest hits of the year it was released and made a great deal of money on home video too.  Are you referring to kids and teens who may not be so familiar with comic-book movies made 'before their time'?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Yes and older fans who will not accept that it deviated from the comics.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 12 Jul  2013, 05:03
classically beautiful face and a sexy, voluptuous body doesn't sustain a relationship on its own.

ain't that the f***ing truth.

Now, if you ask me who would I choose as a girlfriend between Cristi Conaway and Alicia Silverstone in the 90's, I'd have to choose by flipping a coin the Dent way because I can't decide otherwise.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Fri, 12 Jul  2013, 11:28
Now, if you ask me who would I choose as a girlfriend between Cristi Conaway and Alicia Silverstone in the 90's, I'd have to choose by flipping a coin the Dent way because I can't decide otherwise.

which one gets the scarred side? lol

What I meant was that few people seem to see the depth of Batman Returns. I didn't mean that so few people seem to have seen the movie.  :)

Quote from: JokerMeThis on Fri, 12 Jul  2013, 18:39
What I meant was that few people seem to see the depth of Batman Returns. I didn't mean that so few people seem to have seen the movie.  :)
I almost always see or hear things before other people out in public. I pay attention. Others don't really do this in general. So it's no surprise me and a select special amount of people see what BR is. It's not creating things that don't exist. It's all there.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 13 Jul  2013, 01:13
Quote from: JokerMeThis on Fri, 12 Jul  2013, 18:39
I almost always see or hear things before other people out in public. I pay attention. Others don't really do this in general. So it's no surprise me and a select special amount of people see what BR is. It's not creating things that don't exist. It's all there.
I agree Dark Knight.  Thank goodness most of us here are of a similar mindset.  You're probably aware that as soon as you start discussing the themes and metaphors in Batman Returns on other forums, say for instance the IMDb, you'll end up with a ton of rabid fanboys fighting their way to bite your head off and accusing you of making things up... ::)

;D

I take it you're referring to the 'Homer' definition - 'to succeed despite idiocy'. 

I hope you're not referring to the 'not attractive' part of the picture you've posted...although admittedly, this wasn't the Ice Princess's most attractive moments.  Trust me, I'm not into necrophilia.  :)  Also, I suspect that the person laying on top of the crushed box is a stunt-person rather than Cristi Conaway.