The Ice Princess and Her Tragic Fate

Started by JokerMeThis, Sat, 8 Jun 2013, 03:17

Previous topic - Next topic
Sun, 7 Jul 2013, 21:52 #80 Last Edit: Sun, 7 Jul 2013, 21:54 by JokerMeThis
She is a comical character and she does look funny as Catwoman is capturing her and dragging her out of the room. I think we are supposed to like the character which makes her tragic death that much more sad. We probably assume that Batman is going to be able to save her but he failed.  :(

Does anyone think Batman could've saved her by telling her to hop off the ledge instead of telling her not to move? Does anyone think he could've caught her as she fell with a line like he caught the Joker with at the end of TDK?

QuoteShe is a comical character and she does look funny as Catwoman is capturing her and dragging her out of the room. I think we are supposed to like the character which makes her tragic death that much more sad. We probably assume that Batman is going to be able to save her but he failed.
I don't know whether she's meant to be likeable since the original and shooting screenplay and novelisation has her shoving an old lady to the ground during the Red Triangle Circus Gang's attack on Gotham Plaza further confirmed by the Cristi Conaway in the Making-Of Book and other interviews.  That suggests to be that she's one of the city's most self-centred individuals even though she's no villain.  She is a comical character though which makes her death seem all the more shocking.

QuoteDoes anyone think Batman could've saved her by telling her to hop off the ledge instead of telling her not to move? Does anyone think he could've caught her as she fell with a line like he caught the Joker with at the end of TDK?
Maybe Batman thought she'd be too scared to attempt hopping off as short and easy as the drop to the roof looked.  She didn't strike me as very athletic in the slightest and would probably make a hash of it if she tried.  Still Batman should have been more alert when the Penguin threw his 'lawn-dart' and bounded to her aid more quickly.  However. once she fell I think it was unrealistic for him to save her.  She was too far away from him.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Sorry but there is nothing comedic about a woman being kidnapped and pushed around...

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat,  6 Jul  2013, 03:49
What are your favourite pics of the Ice Princess?  I love how silly but cute she looks in this pic, although I feel sorry for her predicament:

I actually prefer this one: http://i2.wp.com/screencaps.us/199/2-batman-returns/full/batman-returns-disneyscreencaps.com-8899.jpg but the picture is too large to be copied onto this post.

1 out of 1 catwomen agree: crest is the best

Quote from: JokerMeThis on Sat,  8 Jun  2013, 18:49Does anyone have any theories on the Ice Princess' career as an "actress"? What kind of roles did she play? Was she any good at acting? At remembering her lines? I doubt it.  :)
Good Lord...

In the actual movie though the Ice Princess doesn't do anything that makes her look immoral. Stupid maybe but not bad.

But perhaps "likable" is the wrong word. I think we're supposed to think the character is funny, attractive and hope that nothing bad happens to her because she seems innocent.

I'm sorry Edd Grayson if you think I'm being insensitive about the Ice Princess' situation because I find the look on her face funny when Catwoman captures her and drags her away. That is not my intent.  :(

the look on her face n sh*t WAS funny. the whole thing was kind of darkly comic. tragic and funny in a demented tim burtonish way all at the same time.

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon,  8 Jul  2013, 04:04
the look on her face n sh*t WAS funny. the whole thing was kind of darkly comic. tragic and funny in a demented tim burtonish way all at the same time.
I agree entirely Catwoman.  You completely get it.  ;D

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Mon,  8 Jul  2013, 01:00
Sorry but there is nothing comedic about a woman being kidnapped and pushed around...
Hey EddRo, what's up?  You know Joker and I weren't laughing at the situation but the character before the situation sadly gets out of control and she dies.  :(

Quote from: JokerMeThis on Sat,  8 Jun  2013, 18:49Does anyone have any theories on the Ice Princess' career as an "actress"? What kind of roles did she play? Was she any good at acting? At remembering her lines? I doubt it.  :)
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon,  8 Jul  2013, 03:08
Good Lord...
colors, please...no need to be nasty or sarcastic.  If you want to join in the thread, great, I welcome your thoughts - if not, nobody is making you do so and at least this is a positive thread made up of fellow Batman Returns fans.  I'd have hoped and thought you would at least appreciate that.

However, if you're looking to mock posters and start a fight you're better off heading to the IMDb.  Ral/Paul keeps an admirably tight leash on this forum and like most of us here he doesn't tolerate the kind of rudeness and hostility other forums seem to sadly thrive on.

There is. The Ice Princess is ditzy and in her own little world. She thinks her role is important, difficult and of value.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  8 Jul  2013, 10:08
There is. The Ice Princess is ditzy and in her own little world. She thinks her role is important, difficult and of value.
Spot on Dark Knight.  And moreover, she can't work out whether the tree lights up before or after she presses the button.  ::)  ;D