The Ice Princess and Her Tragic Fate

Started by JokerMeThis, Sat, 8 Jun 2013, 03:17

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Tue, 25 Jun  2013, 13:46
Sorry for going off topic here but Marilyn Monroe was the model for the comic character of Viki Vale. Reading Bob Kane's biography "Batman and Me" he was very nearly a very lucky man with this lady lol They seemed to get along quite well and it's kinda sad they didn't get together. She actually posed for him to draw so he could base the character around her.
How much input did Bob Kane actually have in the design of the various characters though?  I keep reading that Kane was a hack who basically lived off his collaborators (particularly Bill Finger's) hard work and creativity.

Anyway, I don't want to get off topic, but it's interesting that Marilyn Monroe was supposedly the prototype for Vicki Vale bearing in mind that Kim Basinger arguably looks more like Monroe than the red-headed and relatively less glamorous looking Vicki Vale of the earlier comic-books.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

What kind of roles do you think the Ice Princess "played" as an "actress"?

Quote from: JokerMeThis on Wed,  3 Jul  2013, 04:36
What kind of roles do you think the Ice Princess "played" as an "actress"?
I'd be curious to know what other people think with respect to your question Joker but I don't suspect that the Ice Princess ever had a job in her entire life prior to her oh-so-demanding task of pressing a button for the Gotham Christmas Tree Lighting bearing in mind how taxing that 'job' seemed to be on her.  :( ;)

But it wouldn't have been a job that she needed to do. She'd do it because she wanted to be an actress. I think she would've tried to play Juliet in Romeo and Juliet or something else from Shakespeare like Lady Macbeth.

Quote from: JokerMeThis on Thu,  4 Jul  2013, 04:59
But it wouldn't have been a job that she needed to do. She'd do it because she wanted to be an actress. I think she would've tried to play Juliet in Romeo and Juliet or something else from Shakespeare like Lady Macbeth.
I doubt she'd even heard of Shakespeare let alone read any of it.  Regular books and plays would have been a struggle for her, even if she was interested in reading to begin with which I strongly doubt, so goodness know how she would get her head around iambic pentameter.

in her own mind she probably played a lot of people lol. but i agree that she would have been in plays in school. and it was probably a trainwreck.

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu,  4 Jul  2013, 08:32
in her own mind she probably played a lot of people lol. but i agree that she would have been in plays in school. and it was probably a trainwreck.
But everyone would clap and applaud her, especially mummy and daddy, and tell her what a wonderful actress she was thus putting it in her mind that she was the next Meryl Streep.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu,  4 Jul  2013, 12:00
But everyone would clap and applaud her, especially mummy and daddy, and tell her what a wonderful actress she was thus putting it in her mind that she was the next Meryl Streep.

exactly!

Quote from: Catwoman on Fri,  5 Jul  2013, 01:05
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu,  4 Jul  2013, 12:00

exactly!
Clearly what happened to her was a terrible tragedy but it must have been a rather blissful existence beforehand to go through life believing that you were fabulously talented and more beautiful and special than anyone else.  I don't think she lacked for confidence whether any of that was in fact deserved.

Fri, 5 Jul 2013, 01:32 #69 Last Edit: Fri, 5 Jul 2013, 03:34 by JokerMeThis
I think she might have learned about characters like Juliet and Lady Macbeth in school and understood them well enough to think she could play them in school plays. I'm sure her acting would've been horrible though and she'd be terrible at memorizing lines. I'm also sure though that if she played Juliet in high school a lot of her male classmates in high school would've wanted to play Romeo.