The Ice Princess and Her Tragic Fate

Started by JokerMeThis, Sat, 8 Jun 2013, 03:17

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sun, 23 Jun  2013, 15:06
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Sun, 23 Jun  2013, 11:53
How about Maureen? Or Moira?
Isn't Maureen an old lady's name?  And isn't Moira a Scottish old lady's name?  Sorry to any Maureens and Morias on the boards.  :P

accepted.

lol.

These are all good names that people are giving for the Ice Princess. Whitney Worthington is my favorite. How about Wendy Wellington? Or Tiffany Thompson? Or Candy Carrington? Or Candy Cane?

What does everybody think the Ice Princess likes to do in her free time?

Quote from: JokerMeThis on Tue, 25 Jun  2013, 03:22
Smoke blunts, get banged and share her 'important', well informed world views.  ;)

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 25 Jun  2013, 03:38
Smoke blunts, get banged and share her 'important', well informed world views.  ;)

you're talking about me again, aren't you?

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 25 Jun  2013, 04:02

you're talking about me again, aren't you?

:D

A little disappointed though.  I always appreciate your serious opinions on stuff.  I think you once suggested that this character was filthy rich and that her lack of intelligence and academic achievement wouldn't be of any concern to her in view of all the magazine articles and advertising sponsorships her 'career' would grant her. 
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

These are all good names that people are giving for the Ice Princess. Whitney Worthington is my favorite. How about Wendy Wellington? Or Tiffany Thompson? Or Candy Carrington? Or Candy Cane?

You mean when she's not lighting Christmas Trees?  ;)  How much free time can that possibly leave?  ;D

Tue, 25 Jun 2013, 10:07 #57 Last Edit: Tue, 25 Jun 2013, 10:09 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 25 Jun  2013, 09:49
I think you once suggested that this character was filthy rich and that her lack of intelligence and academic achievement wouldn't be of any concern to her in view of all the magazine articles and advertising sponsorships her 'career' would grant her.
Yes, I remember typing that. And I think it's true. For example, I doubt Paris Hilton cares too much about criticism sent her way. Even if you're naive and lightheaded, you've surely developed a perspective of looking down on the commoners. I've got more money than you. The othering and grouping.

Like being a model is classified as a job. Even though I've always tried to wrap my head around that. You're good looking. Stand in front of this camera and smile. Here's your pay check. That's part of the blase, elitist attitude. The 'I can't believe this is my job' while you're all stacking shelves smugness.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 25 Jun  2013, 10:07
I think you once suggested that this character was filthy rich and that her lack of intelligence and academic achievement wouldn't be of any concern to her in view of all the magazine articles and advertising sponsorships her 'career' would grant her.
Yes, I remember typing that. And I think it's true. For example, I doubt Paris Hilton cares too much about criticism sent her way. Even if you're naive and lightheaded, you've surely developed a perspective of looking down on the commoners. I've got more money than you. The othering and grouping.

Like being a model is classified as a job. Even though I've always tried to wrap my head around that. You're good looking. Stand in front of this camera and smile. Here's your pay check. That's part of the blase, elitist attitude. The 'I can't believe this is my job' while you're all stacking shelves smugness.
Good analysis Dark Knight.  Some models are actually quite smart and educated and simply end up in modelling because they're prized and paid more for posing in front of cameras and looking pretty than they are for something that actually requires them to use their wits.  However, I seriously suspect that was never the issue with the Ice Princess.  She's as dumb as she is beautiful and she appears to have no hidden talents beyond looking pretty. 

I think your Paris Hilton reference is apt.  The Ice Princess strikes me as the type of woman who grew up in luxury and party-girl privilege since she clearly has not even the most remote clue about the real world.  By contrast Marilyn Monroe, who is often classified as the blonde bimbo archetype, was actually quite smart, even if her educational background was understandably limited, but that is I suspect because she actually had experienced real life including genuine hardship rather than being cooped up in an ivory palace all her life.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 25 Jun  2013, 11:02
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 25 Jun  2013, 10:07

Good analysis Dark Knight.  Some models are actually quite smart and educated and simply end up in modelling because they're prized and paid more for posing in front of cameras and looking pretty than they are for something that actually requires them to use their wits.  However, I seriously suspect that was never the issue with the Ice Princess.  She's as dumb as she is beautiful and she appears to have no hidden talents beyond looking pretty. 

I think your Paris Hilton reference is apt.  The Ice Princess strikes me as the type of woman who grew up in luxury and party-girl privilege since she clearly has not even the most remote clue about the real world.  By contrast Marilyn Monroe, who is often classified as the blonde bimbo archetype, was actually quite smart, even if her educational background was understandably limited, but that is I suspect because she actually had experienced real life including genuine hardship rather than being cooped up in an ivory palace all her life.

Sorry for going off topic here but Marilyn Monroe was the model for the comic character of Viki Vale. Reading Bob Kane's biography "Batman and Me" he was very nearly a very lucky man with this lady lol They seemed to get along quite well and it's kinda sad they didn't get together. She actually posed for him to draw so he could base the character around her.