The Ice Princess and Her Tragic Fate

Started by JokerMeThis, Sat, 8 Jun 2013, 03:17

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Sun, 23 Jun  2013, 04:31
What would the Princess' name be? I call her Elizabeth "Lyza" Millworth in my thoughts.

in my fanfic she is tentatively named cristi clifford. comic book alliteration lol.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 23 Jun  2013, 07:54
Quote from: JokerMeThis on Sun, 23 Jun  2013, 04:02
I get the impression in the Burton and Schumacher Batman movies that the people of Gotham City are very foolish and shallow. I believe that it's very possible the Ice Princess got the Ice Princess title simply because of her good looks and that was all that mattered in the contest. No bribes or other kinds of cheating may have been necessary. She may just simply be the most beautiful woman in Gotham City.

you are probably right. like i said i am becoming cynical :( lol
No, I like your idea and it adds an element of borderline irony to the story - her parents bought their precious daughter the Ice Princess title (unbeknownst to her) so that she could be a star not thinking that it would ever lead to her (literal) downfall.  Also, there were other extremely beautiful but much smarter and more talented women in Gotham like Selina Kyle for instance.  This Ice Princess might have easily won the beauty rounds but she would have flunked big-time on the Talent and Q and A parts of the pageant without some outside help, surely.

Name wise I think she would have an alliterative name like Marilyn Monroe, Farrah Fawcett or indeed Cristi Conaway herself.  There's something strangely sexy/glamorous about alliterative names - they're either used for sex-icons or comic-book hero aliases it seems.  I think something girly but refined like Whitney Worthington (sounds like 'worth a tonne') or Tiffany Truscott (sounds similar to 'trust-fund') or Patricia 'Tricia' Peacock (as in a supposedly vain and showy bird) would work best.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

i like your possible names for her!

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sun, 23 Jun  2013, 08:40
Also, there were other extremely beautiful but much smarter and more talented women in Gotham like Selina Kyle for instance.  This Ice Princess might have easily won the beauty rounds but she would have flunked big-time on the Talent and Q and A parts of the pageant without some outside help, surely.

that was my theory.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 23 Jun  2013, 08:48
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sun, 23 Jun  2013, 08:40
Also, there were other extremely beautiful but much smarter and more talented women in Gotham like Selina Kyle for instance.  This Ice Princess might have easily won the beauty rounds but she would have flunked big-time on the Talent and Q and A parts of the pageant without some outside help, surely.

that was my theory.
I know, and I'm agreeing with you.  :)

I like 'Cristi Clifford' too.  I avoided naming the Ice Princess after one of the real names of the actress who plays her though but I quite like 'Clifford'.  Apparently it's a West Yorkshire name.  I see the Ice Princess's family as descending from the UK, making her a probable WASP, so an Anglo-name is perfect for her especially one from Yorkshire because it might imply that the blonde-haired, blue-eyes Ice Princess's has Viking ancestry.

if its ok though i am sort of leaning towards using one of yours now.

What about Millworth? "worth millions", get it? :D

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Sun, 23 Jun  2013, 10:41
What about Millworth? "worth millions", get it? :D
:D What would her first name be Edd?  I'm trying to think of a girlish but refined, but not too refined, girls name that starts with 'M'.  I don't see her as a Meredith.  Maybe a Madeleine.  :-\

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Sun, 23 Jun  2013, 11:53
How about Maureen? Or Moira?
Isn't Maureen an old lady's name?  And isn't Moira a Scottish old lady's name?  Sorry to any Maureens and Morias on the boards.  :P