The Ice Princess and Her Tragic Fate

Started by JokerMeThis, Sat, 8 Jun 2013, 03:17

Previous topic - Next topic
maybe we are unfair to the princess when we say she should have jumped off the ledge to safety, using her empty head as a brace if needbe. nancy sinatra said her boots were made for walking. well maybe the princess' boots WERENT made for jumping.

just a thought. not one i buy into but there it is anyway lol

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 19 Jun  2013, 06:02
maybe we are unfair to the princess when we say she should have jumped off the ledge to safety, using her empty head as a brace if needbe. nancy sinatra said her boots were made for walking. well maybe the princess' boots WERENT made for jumping.

just a thought. not one i buy into but there it is anyway lol
She could easily have leaned forward and hopped off without having to jump necessarily.  It was a pretty short drop onto the roof; probably under three feet and only half her height.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Either way, it's hard for me to watch her death scene every time I re-view BR  :(

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Wed, 19 Jun  2013, 07:53
Either way, it's hard for me to watch her death scene every time I re-view BR  :(
Do you have any thoughts on JokerMeThis's question, Edd Grayson and Catwoman, or anyone else for that matter?

It's sad when the Ice Princess dies. But she could've easily hopped off the ledge to save herself. But I think the point is that she relies on men to protect her and doesn't think for herself. It's also shown that she panics when she sees the bats coming at her. She probably would jump on a chair if she saw a mouse and would go crazy if she saw a frog or some little insects.

Quote from: JokerMeThis on Thu, 20 Jun  2013, 04:46
It's sad when the Ice Princess dies. But she could've easily hopped off the ledge to save herself. But I think the point is that she relies on men to protect her and doesn't think for herself. It's also shown that she panics when she sees the bats coming at her. She probably would jump on a chair if she saw a mouse and would go crazy if she saw a frog or some little insects.
I feel worse for her kidnap than I do for her eventual death.  Although she was stupid to believe the Penguin was a talent scout she can't be blamed for him throwing a Batarang at her forehead, not least because he burst into her dressing room.  However, once Batman finally came to her rescue there was more she could have done to help herself, especially since she now should have realised how dangerous her situation was.  Not hopping off the ledge was the worst of it but she should and could have done more to resist Catwoman dragging her to the rooftop.

I hate it when people blame the victim for criminals' behaviour (Serena Williams' recent interview particularly disgusts me where she seemed to blame the victim for her situation whilst almost excusing the perpetrators).  In this fictional case, nobody should expect to be kidnapped and then scared off a rooftop with baby bats and the Penguin and to some extent Catwoman are truly repellent for picking on an innocent woman who had nothing to do with their vendetta against Batman.  But it's also probably fair to say that most young women in the Ice Princess's situation would have had the intelligence and good sense not to stay perched on the ledge and to have put up more of a fight when Catwoman dragged her out of the empty room especially since Batman was there to ensure she wouldn't get hurt if she tried to get away.

Does everybody know that the Ice Princess appears in the background of the scene when Bruce is talking to Selina in front of Shreck's store before their date? She looks very attractive and I think it's funny how she doesn't seem to understand the simple instructions for lighting the Christmas tree that I suspect the men are trying to explain to her. They must be very frustrated but probably have to hide it.  ;D

That was a really cute and innocent scene with the Princess.

I think innocent is a good word to describe the Ice Princess. She comes across as totally unaware of how harsh the real world can be and seems to live in a world of imagining she's a princess and focused only on her beauty, fame and popularity.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 19 Jun  2013, 09:10
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Wed, 19 Jun  2013, 07:53
Do you have any thoughts on JokerMeThis's question, Edd Grayson and Catwoman, or anyone else for that matter?

i would think her family was rich and she had never had to make a dime herself.