Thor: The Dark World

Started by The Laughing Fish, Tue, 23 Apr 2013, 08:10

Previous topic - Next topic
Wed, 24 Jul 2013, 15:03 #10 Last Edit: Wed, 24 Jul 2013, 15:10 by Edd Grayson
The whole part about his father thinking Hulk was his real son and Bruce's name being "Krenzler"... I did like some things about the film, like Jennifer Connelly  ;D

To get this back on topic, I'll most likely see this new Thor movie in the theater. He's not my top favorite Marvel character but I've always liked him.

I agree with Edd, you could easily make a case for the ang lee Hulk film being the worst Marvel film of all time. It seemed like it was building up for something epic to happen but nothing really did. The little action it did have was poorly done (mutant poodles)

Quote from: riddler on Wed, 24 Jul  2013, 16:03
I agree with Edd, you could easily make a case for the ang lee Hulk film being the worst Marvel film of all time. It seemed like it was building up for something epic to happen but nothing really did. The little action it did have was poorly done (mutant poodles)
'Worst Marvel film of all time'?  Even if I agreed that it was a remotely bad film (it isn't) that still means you're putting it below Howard the Duck, Electra, the 1990 Captain America film, all Fantastic Four movies including the unreleased Roger Corman travesty, all the Punisher films, Blade: Trinity and Man-Thing.  I don't buy that.  Even if you're not a fan at least Ang Lee tried to do something different and interesting with the material, which is one of my defences against anyone who knocks Batman Returns.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I liked the 1994 Fantastic Four better than Batman & Robin and Catwoman. At least it was true to the early comics.

And Rebecca Staab, what a woman :)

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Wed, 24 Jul  2013, 16:36
I liked the 1994 Fantastic Four better than Batman & Robin and Catwoman. At least it was true to the early comics.

Where did you see the 1994 Fantastic Four Edd?  I thought it was pretty hard to come by.  Also, is it a better film than Fox's dire mid-00s Fantastic Four movies?  Rebecca Staab has got to be a better pick than Jessica Alba for Sue Storm alone.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 24 Jul  2013, 16:42
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Wed, 24 Jul  2013, 16:36

Where did you see the 1994 Fantastic Four Edd?  I thought it was pretty hard to come by.  Also, is it a better film than Fox's dire mid-00s Fantastic Four movies?  Rebecca Staab has got to be a better pick than Jessica Alba for Sue Storm alone.

Well, it wasn't exactly legal, as in I've watched it on youtube with a decent quality, but I might have been taken down by now due to copyrights issues.

The actors ended up with nothing since the studio only made the movie so they could keep the rights to the characters and then the movie was never released.

Here's an interesting article: http://www.teako170.com/ffmovie.html

What the hell?  :P

And Jay Underwood dyed his hair blonde for Johnny Storm despite the consequences. Something that Chris Evans couldn't do.

In fact, the only actor who was not terribly miscast in those newer movies is Ioan Gruffudd to me. He's got some Reed Richards in him. To be fair, Alex Hyde-White had it too.

Otherwise I like the Human Torch, Invisible Woman and the Thing of 1994 better. And 1994 Doom is leagues ahead of the other one.  ;D

So the second trailer has been released.

Again, it looks okay but it still doesn't grab my imagination. I hope the film itself is better than what's shown in these trailers.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I like Jane punching Loki 'for New York'.  But it does beggar the question, why would Thor et al ever trust Loki again?