Batman Cinefex

Started by Bobthegoon89, Tue, 2 Apr 2013, 16:49

Previous topic - Next topic
Just wanted to ask if anyone owns any Cinefex magazines on the Batman films? Are they any good? Never bought Cinefex myself. I'm considering buying an old issue featuring a Danny Devito Penguin cover. How many pages long is it and does it feature things like photographs e.c.t? Thank you.

Brilliant magazines.

I have issues for B89, Returns and Forever. Photos from them have been put in the gallery.

Well worth a purchase!

was there a catwoman cover and how much do they run for?

It had DeVito as Penguin on the cover.

You can pick one up on eBay fur about $10

hummmm....$10 for short pale and ugly. hummmmm......pass.

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  2 Apr  2013, 20:43

There's plenty of pics covering various aspects of the film (primarily the effects, including the miniature, optical and wire work) inside.  Not just short, pale and ugly.

Also Catwoman, you might appreciate that there are a few paragraphs on how the Ice Princess's (Cristi Conaway) fall was shot.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue,  2 Apr  2013, 20:59
Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  2 Apr  2013, 20:43

There's plenty of pics covering various aspects of the film (primarily the effects, including the miniature, optical and wire work) inside.  Not just short, pale and ugly.

Also Catwoman, you might appreciate that there are a few paragraphs on how the Ice Princess's (Cristi Conaway) fall was shot.

hm. i thought that's what YOU would appreciate :P lol. but ok. i might consider it.

and is cinefex like a europe thing?

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  2 Apr  2013, 21:02
hm. i thought that's what YOU would appreciate :P lol. but ok. i might consider it.

I believe it's a US special effects magazine.  I also ordered it a while back from ebay.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue,  2 Apr  2013, 22:57
Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  2 Apr  2013, 21:02

I believe it's a US special effects magazine.  I also ordered it a while back from ebay.

k thanks!

Much appreciated.

"Short, pale and ugly"  :( lol Poor Danny Devito. I guess even back then and despite being a large chunk of the movie's plot he was overshadowed (albeit understandingly) by Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman in the eyes of audiences. I've always considered them both tremendous villains. Batman Returns may have still been excellent with just Catwoman but somehow not quite as much enormous fun without the two of them involved. We take it for granted these days in films with more than one classic villain. Back then I remember it was a revelation to have not just one but two Bat foes together in one film.

It was the Cinefex cover that caught my eye and I still think those poster shots of Devito are excellent work. Slightly miffed still he actually sports both the monocle and cigarette holder though because in the final film they are only briefly seen.