Michael Keaton and animated Batman!!!

Started by Paul (ral), Mon, 1 Apr 2013, 10:30

Previous topic - Next topic
I haven't been able to post this as news but...

I'm so hyped! I can hardly believe it. So I just spent the last hour private messaging Michael Keaton on twitter! I can't say too much but there is some very exciting news coming involving "animation"... You heard it here first folks!

Keaton... animated Batman... dare we hope for an adaptation of The Killing Joke?

I'm not holding out hope for the return of Nicholson as the Joker though.

Mon, 1 Apr 2013, 11:52 #2 Last Edit: Mon, 1 Apr 2013, 11:56 by The Dark Knight
Wow. This is big. Keaton adding to his Batman resume for the first time since 1992?!

A Batman Online exclusive. Way to go, Paul. I wonder if he's read the site and knows about our Burton emphasis?

Will he be playing Batman or voicing another character ala Adam West? Spill it!

:o :) :D ;D

The fact you've been in a dialogue with Keaton is exciting enough. But the suggestion he may be involved in an animated Batman production is beyond exciting.

When can we expect to hear more about this? Is an official announcement imminent? I can't wait!!!

Mon, 1 Apr 2013, 12:16 #4 Last Edit: Mon, 1 Apr 2013, 12:42 by The Laughing Fish
Poor form for the April Fools joke. Poor form.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Wait a second... April 1st...

You wouldn't? Would you, ral?

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon,  1 Apr  2013, 10:54Keaton... animated Batman... dare we hope for an adaptation of The Killing Joke?

I'm not holding out hope for the return of Nicholson as the Joker though.
Coming back to this.

If we're talking about fantasy animated adaptations, I'd be up for a full length adaptation of The Laughing Fish. Hell, all of the Englehart/Rogers run could make a neat series of movies but esp TLF.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Mon,  1 Apr  2013, 12:18

I just realised this. My expectations just nosedived.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Mon,  1 Apr  2013, 12:18

Yes, I would!

;D

Sorry guys, I can't resist April Fool's Day