Fed Up With Burton/Batman Bashing

Started by Joker81, Sat, 21 Jun 2008, 18:28

Previous topic - Next topic
Tue, 22 Jul 2008, 12:45 #40 Last Edit: Tue, 22 Jul 2008, 12:50 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: shadowbat69 on Tue,  1 Jul  2008, 23:13
Its sad but it seems that the core fanbase has been unable to accept that there different interpretations of the character. If everyone can understand that and understand that there are people that prefer different ones then the easier it would be to get along and have the Batman fanboards the way they should be.
Exactly. Just as some complain about the origins of Ledger's Joker in The Dark Knight. It is a different interpretation, but still faithful to the fundemental character. I respect the Burton films for what they are. 
Quote from: raleagh on Tue,  1 Jul  2008, 09:28
nobody here will stand for tearing someone apart that likes nolans films best..
That's good to know.
Quote from: raleagh on Tue,  1 Jul  2008, 09:28I like Batman films done properly - through great storytelling, great visuals and great performances
Same with me. That's why I love The Dark Knight.

Well thecolorsblend, call the shrink.  I now put TDK on EQUAL footing with B89  ;)
I appreciate ALL dark, serious, and faithful Batman films.

Quote from: BurtonBatman on Tue, 22 Jul  2008, 19:13
Well thecolorsblend, call the shrink.  I now put TDK on EQUAL footing with B89  ;)
Good man, I like the sound of that.

I mean both Burton and Nolan's versions of Batman each have something
great to offer. I don't understand why people of both fandoms can't have
a reasonable discussion without hurting eachother.

I am Vengence,I Am The Night....

Quote from: Vexation on Fri, 25 Jul  2008, 10:53

sort of echos [spoiler] the Jokers scheme in TDK [/spoiler]

Quote from: Vexation on Fri, 25 Jul  2008, 10:53

Good post.  I've all too often been dragged into this scuffle, more in defense of B89 than anything else (Burton/BR etc.), but I liked BB, and I really love TDK.  You are right, both directors have something great to offer.  As I mature as a Batfan, I hope to avoid these polarized pitfalls (except for maybe the Shumacher films  ;)), and appreciate all respectfull interpretations of the character.  Instead of being a "Burtonite" or a "Nolanite," I am going to try to be a Batman fan first.
I appreciate ALL dark, serious, and faithful Batman films.

Quote from: BurtonBatman on Fri, 25 Jul  2008, 18:02
Instead of being a "Burtonite" or a "Nolanite," I am going to try to be a Batman fan first.
That's the best thing to be.

Im not offended by u saying that we hardcore fans were whiners. im not gonna argue about which is better Batman 89 or Begins. i'd say the best was B89 dont argue about my opinion
Fear Me, Im Back

Everyone has there opinon and it's no more or less valid then someone else's. Some people just won't except that.