First sign of the next film?

Started by Bobthegoon89, Sun, 27 Jan 2013, 17:34

Previous topic - Next topic
A Del Toro film with gothic horror vibe and Man-Bat as the villain. (It'll never happen, I know)

Quote from: riddler on Mon, 18 Mar  2013, 14:05
Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 18 Mar  2013, 06:53how about a movie with mr. freeze? make it like in the cartoon where he was a tragic character you felt sorry for instead of arnie on ice.

i'd like to see poison ivy done better too. but don't put them in the same movie!
He's the only Schumacher villain which wasn't 'fixed' in the Nolan series
Um, Bane?

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 20 Mar  2013, 02:40
Quote from: riddler on Mon, 18 Mar  2013, 14:05
Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 18 Mar  2013, 06:53how about a movie with mr. freeze? make it like in the cartoon where he was a tragic character you felt sorry for instead of arnie on ice.

i'd like to see poison ivy done better too. but don't put them in the same movie!
He's the only Schumacher villain which wasn't 'fixed' in the Nolan series
Um, Bane?
Full agreement. Bane wasn't any impressive 'upgrade'.

^ Seriously. I'd argue he suffered more than any other villain Nolan used. Say whatever you want about Schumacher but he reduced Bane into a mindless brute because Poison Ivy (already an intelligent villain on her own) needed some muscle. There was a reason for it. But Nolan didn't seem to grasp anything about makes Bane what he is.

Wed, 20 Mar 2013, 20:01 #44 Last Edit: Wed, 20 Mar 2013, 20:05 by SilentEnigma
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 20 Mar  2013, 16:49
^ Seriously. I'd argue he suffered more than any other villain Nolan used. Say whatever you want about Schumacher but he reduced Bane into a mindless brute because Poison Ivy (already an intelligent villain on her own) needed some muscle. There was a reason for it. But Nolan didn't seem to grasp anything about makes Bane what he is.

Can't disagree with that. Shumacher's is just one of Ivy's Plant Zombies and an annoying boss fight, not even worth mentioning, but Nolan's was in some ways an original character for the film, like Blake or Shreck. His deformity and his woobie status alone miss the point about who Bane is supposed to be. I liked Hardy but, outside of some direct references like the back-breaking, he's almost an in-name-only villain.

Schumacher may have had the look, but Nolan did get the personality far better.

Quote from: riddler on Wed, 20 Mar  2013, 20:55Schumacher may have had the look, but Nolan did get the personality far better.
Nolan didn't capture Bane's personality either.

QuoteNolan didn't capture Bane's personality either.

Maybe, but at least this version of Bane's voice made me laugh. Even when he was beating up Batman in the sewers he was cracking me up.  "Age has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you"? So cheesy! ;D

On-topic, I'd like to see a film that that is an actual murder-mystery plot which Batman must solve, to show his detective abilities. I've always had an imagination of him facing off Calendar Man, Riddler or even Deadshot for this kind of idea.   
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 20 Mar  2013, 16:49
Two complaints levelled at Swenson's Bane were him being a lapdog and his voice/IQ. Neither were upgraded satisfactorily with Hardy. He does hit harder, but that's about it as far as I see. At least Swenson's had the comic look, blew up like a balloon and was straight up honest with what it was. If Hardy's drew upon Bane's very first appearance more purely, it could have been something special.

Not that we didn't know this already, but Goyer has confirmed that WB/DC is looking to reboot Batman again for the Justice League movie, and not take back Bale.  http://blogs.canoe.ca/projectionist/movies/new-batman-in-justice-league-david-goyer-says
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei