Our first interview

Started by Paul (ral), Mon, 16 Jun 2008, 21:06

Previous topic - Next topic
I have just posted the first interview for the site.

It is with Diz White - the woman responsible for the play Footlight Frenzy.

We talked about how her play ended up being shown in the Monarch Theatre the night the Wayne family were murdered!

Enjoy http://www.batmanmovieonline.com/features.php?display=34

We have some others in the pipe line - hopefully they will happen soon.  :)

Wow, you learn something everyday.  I also was unaware that this was a real play and I agree the the design fit perfectly with the world of the film in that flashback. 
It's cool that WB let her use the posters, too.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Hey wats the other interviews?

Its always interesting reading stories about this film.

Fri, 20 Jun 2008, 06:35 #4 Last Edit: Fri, 20 Jun 2008, 06:40 by nickdaring
Diz is a sweetheart. I talked to her a couple years ago after seeing her name on the "crime alley" poster. She hadn't even thought about selling her original poster until I had hunted her down. I am now a proud owner of one of those originals!

Good to finally see a formal interview on this bizarre little factoid about Batman 89'!

Nick

QuoteI am now a proud owner of one of those originals!

Likewise. As I understand it, she had three. I have one, you have one and Gary has one. Very cool indeed.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Quote from: PJ on Fri, 20 Jun  2008, 07:35
QuoteI am now a proud owner of one of those originals!

Likewise. As I understand it, she had three. I have one, you have one and Gary has one. Very cool indeed.

wow, i should have just interviewed you guys! ;)  ;D

Good to know they made it into good hands!

The original poster is kinda neat. The girl image itself is based off of a classic George Petty illustration of a "Cat-Girl" pin-up. And most interestingly is the fact that it's made on photographic paper! 80's era graphic designers didn't have the easy access digital printers that us modern folk have and to resort to such solutions when short runs were needed.

Nick

to the three guys who owned one of the three Footligh Posters. What size have this posters? Thanks for a answer back.