Batman 89/Returns Batmobile vs Batman Forever Batmobile

Started by The Pale Moonlight, Fri, 18 Jan 2013, 22:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Pale Moonlight on Mon, 21 Jan  2013, 01:27What   about this piece of junk,?  lol

Again, it fit the style of the movie and was apparently a pretty strong performer as far as fast cars are concerned.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 21 Jan  2013, 01:07
My argument is that Furst's Batmobile would've looked out of place in Schumacher's Gotham City. It feels of a piece with Burton's movies... in a way that Schumacher's Batmobile wouldn't. They're both good and fit their respective movies like a glove. What more can you ask for?
Definitely. Each Batman had their own distinctive ride.

Just as Connery is associated with the DB5, Moore the Lotus Esprit, Dalton the black Aston Martin V8, etc.

The original by far.

Also, I used to think that each new Batmobile is how Bruce repaired it after the previous one was destroyed (Batman Returns, Forever). I guess it's plausible, though these movies never really were good with continuity.

Quote from: Slash Man on Mon, 28 Jan  2013, 18:43
The original by far.

Also, I used to think that each new Batmobile is how Bruce repaired it after the previous one was destroyed (Batman Returns, Forever). I guess it's plausible, though these movies never really were good with continuity.

Haha yeah me too! I used to imagine when Bruce is about to head off to Max Shreck's costume party he may have thought "Y'know I bet neon would be great on that car!". Thus starting the Gotham neon trend....*ahem*

On a side note (apologees for going off topic) the lack of continuity I think was great and made the films more fascinating. I loved guessing how much time passes between the movies. It always meant for a non comic fan they could watch whichever Batman and not worry which order it may be. Whereas when Rises came out last year Sky News reporterts we're advising people to watch the previous two to be able to follow the thing properly. That can be a bad thing. The animated series had a very loose continuity also which is one of it's great appeals.

While having a linked series of films is no doubt fun for us fans sometimes it can get tedious. I was annoyed by the final scene in Amazing Spider-Man. Plus all those unresolved questions about his parents. I'll happily pay to see whatever Spider-Man film is made but I don't wanna be left hanging all the time on unresolved plots that may be another 4 years down the line. There's an urgency and focus to the early Batman films. A sense of let's get it all in these 2 hours. Not cheat the audience into coming back for a sequel. Nolan did well at this because even though he linked his series he still developed them one at a time only. No elaborate plans done years in advance that would further take years to come to fruition.