Batman 89/Returns Batmobile vs Batman Forever Batmobile

Started by The Pale Moonlight, Fri, 18 Jan 2013, 22:00

Previous topic - Next topic
I personally prefer  the Tim Burton Batmobile, it looks sleeker, more classic looking  and none of those lights that are on the Forever Batmobile

Opinions? : )

Welcome to the forum, Pale Moonlight, and yeah, one has to agree that the B'89 Batmobile designed by Anton Furst is still one of the best.

Sat, 19 Jan 2013, 16:10 #3 Last Edit: Sat, 19 Jan 2013, 16:14 by SilentEnigma
Can't really argue there, any good Batmobile ever since (e.g. Animated Mk. I, Arkhamverse) owed its design to Furst. Just being polite to fans of the Lincoln Futura and the tumbler.

Yeah same here. Still the best. Will always be the best.

Anybody now seen that great documentary on the Rises dvd "The Batmobile"? I had no idea the guy who built Bale's car also worked on Keaton's when he was starting out. He actually drove it for the attack on the Chemical Plant scene. Cool guy to have played a part in TWO amazing Batman cars.

Some guy owns a Keaton Batmobile (which he bought through ebay). He's seen driving it around. Lucky fella. Unfortunately the Bale Batmobile looks a pile of crap to ride in for real with it's tiny window and cramped driving space stuffed with equipment. I'd rather take a spin in Adam West's car.

With Keaton's Batmobile what you see is what you get. A cool windshield view and driving seat area more like an amazing control panel just like in the movie. Looks like you'd be riding a rocket.

Sun, 20 Jan 2013, 11:42 #5 Last Edit: Sun, 20 Jan 2013, 11:44 by The Pale Moonlight
Compare this:

To  this:

I don't  think it was necessary   to change the Batmobile....... since all it needed was repairing in Batman Returns

Cheers   for welcome : )

I'm glad the Furst design was made exclusive to Keaton's Batman, though.

My argument is that Furst's Batmobile would've looked out of place in Schumacher's Gotham City. It feels of a piece with Burton's movies... in a way that Schumacher's Batmobile wouldn't. They're both good and fit their respective movies like a glove. What more can you ask for?

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 21 Jan  2013, 01:07
My argument is that Furst's Batmobile would've looked out of place in Schumacher's Gotham City. It feels of a piece with Burton's movies... in a way that Schumacher's Batmobile wouldn't. They're both good and fit their respective movies like a glove. What more can you ask for?

I see your point on that,  I guess the lights on the Forever Batmobile blend in with the neon lights of that films Gotham City, wheras I couldn't really imagine it parked up in  the dark, snowy back street of Batman Returns.. the  lights on the car and the big Batman symbols on the wheels would stand out too horribly.