Man of Steel

Started by Grissom, Tue, 15 Jan 2013, 16:00

Previous topic - Next topic

One of the best trailers for a movie releasing in 2013!

I would agree with that.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Awesome, this will be my number one movie this year.

Personally this movie should be good, with the talent behind it, we can look forward to something special.

It's awesome. Can't wait to see the movie !
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

Very nervous about this. It's one I'm either gonna love or hate. A trailer is just a trailer. Remember how cool Prometheus looked at this stage? Hmm. I'm not sure they have the right director for this. I still can't get Watchmen outta my head. Not sure about certain casting choices either (Laurence Fishburne, Amy Adams?).

Henry Cavill however remains promising indeed. Hans Zimmer's new Superman score......not so.

Quote from: Bobthegoon89 on Wed, 23 Jan  2013, 18:28I still can't get Watchmen outta my head.
What's wrong with Watchmen?

Quote from: Bobthegoon89 on Wed, 23 Jan  2013, 18:28Not sure about certain casting choices either (Laurence Fishburne, Amy Adams?).
What's wrong with Academy Award nominees/winners?

Quote from: Bobthegoon89 on Wed, 23 Jan  2013, 18:28Hans Zimmer's new Superman score......not so.
Has any of the score even been released/leaked yet?

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 24 Jan  2013, 01:35
Quote from: Bobthegoon89 on Wed, 23 Jan  2013, 18:28I still can't get Watchmen outta my head.
What's wrong with Watchmen?

Quote from: Bobthegoon89 on Wed, 23 Jan  2013, 18:28Not sure about certain casting choices either (Laurence Fishburne, Amy Adams?).
What's wrong with Academy Award nominees/winners?

Quote from: Bobthegoon89 on Wed, 23 Jan  2013, 18:28Hans Zimmer's new Superman score......not so.
Has any of the score even been released/leaked yet?

Watchmen is no classic unfortunately. Good yes but still very artsy fartsy at least to me.

As for Amy Adams well like Watchmen I can't get her film "Enchanted" out of my head in which she annoyed the crap out of me as a Disney-type Princess lol

Hans Zimmer's style (like every composer from John Willaims to Danny Elfman) is a style you can imagine in your mind. I'm expecting a dark, operatic "Gladiator" style score. One that will no doubt have similarities to his Dark Knight scores. I'm sure it will be okay but only that word. Williams 1978 score was special. That music is engrained in most people's DNA. You can't just write that off as being "well it's only just music". Try to imagine a time of Superman before that music existed. It's difficult to shake something like that (as it is with Christopher Reeve).

I'm sure come this summer I'll be reading letters from fans in my local sci-fi magazines saying "how crap those Reeve Superman movies were to be honest in light of this fantastic new version". Raimi's Spider-Man got that last year in light of it's reboot. I'll just wipe my butt on those comments because it's silly lol

If the Reeve films get a pounding I won't be rushing to their defence. I usually don't have that stance - but I just don't have any emotional investment in them and don't think they're much chop. I have a fear Man of Steel may be pushed too far into emo territory - but in any case will easily be the best film of the franchise. The original Superman theme by Williams won't be topped, but even that became bigger than the actual films themselves. A good theme and performance by Reeve doesn't make the whole show succeed in my view. I think the material in MOS will be fleshed out better and simply be more interesting.