Oldboy

Started by HarryCanyon, Wed, 9 Jan 2013, 00:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesome Korean crime thriller that is very popular and very violent as it's based on a Japanese comic book as it's about a man locked in a private prison for 15 years from gangsters as his only link to the outside world is his TV and his delivered newspapers plus he has a nice bed with bathroom for himself as he does gets haircuts as his sheets washed to be changed to new ones and new toothpaste with toothbrushes, new rolls of toliet paper, new towels and all plus 3 meals a day with water delivered to him and 15 years later he is FINALLY out yet seeks revenge on those that did that to him.

It's quite shocking at times but nicely acted and produced.

Great film, and yeah, it's technically a comic book film since it's based on a manga. One thing I really love is the soundtrack; like its spiritual sequel (Sympathy for Lady Vengeance), it's easily one of the most listenable score albums.

Oldboy has one of my favourite movie fight scenes.

I seem to recall hearing somewhere that the director shot it this way as a tribute to side scrolling beat 'em ups.

Well manga is the same as comics you know and this movie does rock, i can't believe there will be an American version coming soon.