what r ur personal wants from the next BATMAN REBOOT series??

Started by Batman999, Sat, 3 Nov 2012, 10:38

Previous topic - Next topic

What suit do u prefer?

All Black rubber suit
5 (55.6%)
Black and grey suit
4 (44.4%)
Blue and grey suit
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

No i'm not really going to go into casting of batman and matters as such. Thats debated in another thread. just a simple, quick fire bullet-pointed list of various issues- was just interested to see where people stand on them.

NAME OF 1ST FILM: i'd be happy with 'THE BATMAN'. it's pretty simple and to the point. we can worry about more inventive names as the series goes on. I definitely want the word 'batman' in the title.

SERIES DURATION: i'd personally like to see atleast 5 films in this series preferably all with the same actor playing batman.

BAT-SUIT: i prefer the all-black rubber/kevlar look of the movies. but i've been doing alot of reaing on blogs/forums and there seems to be alot of people that want a return to the dark cape/cowl mixed with grey body look. i personally think this would look stupid on the big screen. what is your opinion?

ROBIN PARTICIPATION: I personally think on the big screen batman works best alone. but i wouldn't say no to robin but i wud keep batman alone at least for 2 films. i wouldn't have a 3rd partner (batgirl) in under any circumstances. a dynamic duo is more than enough IMO. where do u stand? would u have robin in straight away? would u have batgirl in? would u avoid both & go straight to nightwing? would u keep partners out altogether from the series?

JOKER PARTCIPATION: i agree that we need some distance from the whole ledger tragedy but u simply cannot keep Batmans main arch-villan out of the entire series. I say bring him in maybe by film 4 which will be in the mid 2020s most likely. i would also say don't kill him off- try and keep him in at least 2 of the reboot films.

GOTHAM CITY: what was your favourite gotham? Burtons Gothic city? Schumachers neon Gotham or Nolans modern skyscraper-like Gotham.
Personally i'd like to see a city which is 80% burtons gotham & 20% Nolans gotham.

ORIGIN STORY: i think most agree it shouldn't be an origin story but when do u suggest the start date? i personally would still like it to be early on in his career. i'd probably start it about 5/6 months in to his batman career?

BATMOBILE: The tumbler was good but personally i'd go back to a more fancy, sleeker design.

1st MOVIE VILLAINS: who would your crooks be in the first film. I'd have 3 to start the series off with a bang. Hugo Strange, Killer Croc & i'd bring back the riddler. and they'd be the obvious mafia hanging round in the background aswell

DIRECTOR: who would you like to direct the movie? IMO i'd go with any anyone who will still make the film dark, series and gothic. Just anything that isn't like the laughable Batman & Robin (the one bad film in the series IMO). I'd like a mix of the Burton films + the Nolan films- with a few new, fresh ideas here and there from the new director.

* one last thing. one MUST for this series is denzel washington- possibly lucius fox or even more controversially as commissioner gordon (as one blogger i read suggested). The warner bros studios should try and start tapping him up now. also michael madsen, ray liotta, joaquin phoneix & john travolta r some high-profile targets i'd like to see in this series.

Agree with most of your personal opinions. It seems there is a growing desire to see the return of a type of Tim Burton style of Batman movie. I think this is key as now people seem to think you can't make any kind of superhero movie in a fantasically visual style. It all has to be realistic and functional. I think Batman should prove on the big screen what he's done numerous times in the comics throughout his history, no one style should be constant and unchanged in telling new adventures with him.

I very much want them to try out new villains. Anne Hathaway was a disappointment for me and now sadly taints Michelle Pfeiffer's popularity in the same way people moan about the brilliant "comic book come to life" Jack Nicholson now they have Heath Ledger to consider. Can't we have some new challenges with new people to define their take on those characters for the very first time? Nolan did this brilliantly in Begins but then dumped this idea in his later sequels (except of course for Talia al' Ghul).

I'm all for the return of Robin but I'm not keen on calling the new movie "The Batman". It's bad enough these days trying to tell people the difference between Adam West's simply titled Batman movie and the first Keaton film. In fact I hate how they now call the first movie Batman 89 these days. Too much confusion especially when you toss another simple "Batman" title into the mix. But yeah return Batman's name to the title. I always thought the Dark Knight titles were a tad too clever and snobbery for their own good.

My main issue however is with this whole "functionality" bit. It totally ruins the fun stuff of Batman for me. I look at that crap flying vehicle The Bat, then at my wonderfully designed 1989 Batwing model and weep. Seriously. I cannot believe there are some fans who think the Keaton Batwing is a crap design. I want the Batsuit back to looking cool and less like a "ski suit" (my best description, sorry). I'm not saying junk realism. I just think there is always a way of meshing the two together and getting the best of both world's. A minor costume request, return the yellow chest oval. Yes I know it destroys Batman's stealth but there something about that graphic that makes him stand out better. I absolutely hate Nathan Crowley's Gotham City which is basically Chicago.

I can't imagine who would direct but can't we have someone with long lasting movie experience and many years behind them? Why must we go to Zack Snyder types??? (Who I'm extremely nervous about handling Superman). As for Batman casting I'm completely stumped. I can't imagine who can take over from Bale. It's like trying to replace Keaton all over again. Just get someone who's a great actor and not just a big bulky guy with a square jaw. It would interesting to see if they would be brave enough to try the Keaton casting route again and get somebody against type as Batman.

well as long as it has batman somewhere in the title i'm happy. i'm happy with 'the batman'- they'll be enough sequels down the line for them to use their imagination with titles. maybe 'the batman' can act like a template for latter movies.

THE BATMAN
THE BATMAN AVENGES
THE BATMAN STRIKES BACK
THE BATMAN RISES
THE BATMAN: KNIGHTFALL

just as some hypothetical examples.

That could work though I'm not sure about THE BATMAN STRIKES BACK. I think certain "lightsaber" wielding lawyers would see a juicy lawsuit somewhere in that strikingly familar sounding title  ;D

I think it's time somebody used THE INTIMIDATION GAME as a Batman movie subtitle. Nothing wrong with them borrowing a few comic names if they wish for a loose adaptation. How about THE LONG HALLOWEEN? That's asking for a movie title card.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind at all if the reboot takes 2, 3 or 4 plus years to get off the ground. I'm a fan but TDKR really left a sour taste in my mouth. I want another movie but when I'm hungry for it. I don't have a large need at this stage, with the 60s show, Burtonverse, BTAS or Arkham games sating my fix whenever it arises.

Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 17:13 #5 Last Edit: Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 17:15 by illgetdrivethrough
I can't say enough how much I love Batman Begins and what Nolan did to take the joke that was B&R and put Batman back on top. However, I have kids and would love to see a live action movie that is PG-13.  I'd like to see him wear the Blue and Grey suit by day and Batman 89/Forever suit by night. I want lots of humor, not over the top B&R, but bring back the fun to it. Bring back the hot love interest (Kidman/Basinger/Phiepher), bring back the awesome, sleak, batmobile with lots of cool gadgets from 66/89/Forever. Bring back the gold logo on the chest. This is a movie we don't need to care if in reality it would give him away at night. Bring back the memorable theme song. The DK trilogy music is great but I can't even hum it.  Recycle the 89 theme if you want to. Just make it big, loud, fun, mildly scary sometimes, and cool. Avoid some of the pitfalls from Forever/B&R of making it over the top, but not as Dark as Batman Returns or Nolanverse.  I want the cave, the mansion, the batmobile, the batwing, to be characters in and of themselves again.  Just my two cents.  A nice happy medium between dark and scary and fun and happy.
May I persuade you to take a sandwich with you, sir?

Quote from: illgetdrivethrough on Sat, 10 Nov  2012, 17:13
I'd like to see him wear the Blue and Grey suit by day and Batman 89/Forever suit by night.

Excuse me, have you ever seen a film Batman with a blue/grey costume in the daylight? Even the Schumacher films never got THAT silly. (The 60s show doesn't count, it represents what we don't want to see in a live action movie).

Big, loud, fun, mildly scary sometimes [...] A nice happy medium between dark and scary and fun and happy

I think what you describe is something with the tone and style of B'89. Darkly fun. Flamboyant production design, but still somehow rooted in a kind of reality (not too "Gothic" like Bo Welch's, or too big, ridiculous and over the top like Barbara Ling's).

Well. There's what I would enjoy watching and then there's what we're likely to get.

But if we go only by the former, I'd like to watch something fun. B89, Forever and B&R may have their problems but one thing you have to admit is that there is a serious fun appeal about them. I mean, yeah, there's an inherent tragedy underlying Batman. But at the same time, he's BATMAN! He's a billionaire, he's got tons of cool toys and all that. In sucking every single last bit of fun out of the thing, Nolan pretty much hit all the darkness I'd want from a Batman movie for a long while. I wouldn't mind going back to something that has broader all-ages appeal than the Nolan movies do.

I'd love to see a black and grey outfit. In fact, I wouldn't even mind seeing tights. That's not really been done in live action. I've had my fill of plastic and various alloys. There's enough of that to last a lifetime. The next movie should strive for a different look for the character.

Supervillains would be nice too. Batman has a criminally underused rogue's gallery lately. Bring on Man-Bat, Clayface, Solomon Grundy, Hugo Strange and the monster men, Maxie Zeus, Deadshot, the Mad Hatter and all the rest. Nolan gave us a realistic version of Batman so this next thing should go the other direction and do more of a science-fantasy. Villains play a major role in that. Use 'em!

Sun, 11 Nov 2012, 01:48 #8 Last Edit: Sun, 11 Nov 2012, 01:53 by illgetdrivethrough
Quote from: SilentEnigma on Sat, 10 Nov  2012, 20:00
I'd like to see him wear the Blue and Grey suit by day and Batman 89/Forever suit by night.

Excuse me, have you ever seen a film Batman with a blue/grey costume in the daylight? Even the Schumacher films never got THAT silly. (The 60s show doesn't count, it represents what we don't want to see in a live action movie).

Big, loud, fun, mildly scary sometimes [...] A nice happy medium between dark and scary and fun and happy

I think what you describe is something with the tone and style of B'89. Darkly fun. Flamboyant production design, but still somehow rooted in a kind of reality (not too "Gothic" like Bo Welch's, or too big, ridiculous and over the top like Barbara Ling's).

I agree I want it to be dark but still fun like 89.

I think the grey and blue suit would be a cool dress uniform when he is making an appearance. I think it has grown on me because all of the Batman merch you see has that suit. By no means do I want the Adam Wed short ears.

This is awesome;
http://designrfix.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/New_Batman_color_by_JPR04.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
May I persuade you to take a sandwich with you, sir?

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 10 Nov  2012, 20:11
Supervillains would be nice too. Batman has a criminally underused rogue's gallery lately. Bring on Man-Bat, Clayface, Solomon Grundy, Hugo Strange and the monster men, Maxie Zeus, Deadshot, the Mad Hatter and all the rest. Nolan gave us a realistic version of Batman so this next thing should go the other direction and do more of a science-fantasy. Villains play a major role in that. Use 'em!
Definitely. For example, I've liked how the Spider-Man franchise has used new villains every film so far. It shows the series has depth. People always want to see their favourites again, but Batman has that villain depth too. Bring them on.