Many Batman Collectors in This family

Started by bttfbat, Sun, 21 Oct 2012, 01:52

Previous topic - Next topic
I have grown up in a collectors family.  Both my parents collect things, my dad has been a toy collector his whole life.  My Uncle Ron though was a life time Batman collector, he got me started collecting comics when I was three, I still remember the first comic he gave me which was one of those Treasury Editions Action 1s.  The next one you guess  it, the Batman 1  Treasury edition.  Over time he started to give me the "small" books which were old silver age comics.  Anyway  when Batman came out in 1989 I was nine at the time, and my uncle and I had a blast that year.  I remember him calling me after school to watch ET to see the preview of the new Batman movie.   Bat hype was large in my family.    Anyway one thing that my late uncle (he passed away six years ago this month) had in his collection that I always loved from the Keaton film were his Meltons.  He even had the original Joker prototype and the Bronze Batman Melton (#1, he called WB before they even announced it and hounded them constantly, so he was in line with number 1). 

Anyway today in the mail MY own color Melton set showed up,  the ones in the estate were sold to a high end scuplture collector.  I have missed them since then, and I feel like I am back in 1989 looking at them when my uncle got them.  The close up shot of the color ones are the ones I got and the other shots are of a small selection of uncle's collection a couple days after he died.