Started by Mothy, Thu, 5 Jun 2008, 09:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite?

Batman (1989)
42 (56.8%)
Batman Returns
32 (43.2%)

Total Members Voted: 71

This topic already existed so i merged the two.

In my opinion Returns is the superior film. I felt I had more of a connection with the characters then the previous one. I cared about Batman and Catwoman and Penguin alittle...but in the other there was a lack of empathy.

I think B89' is the more definitive of the two Batman films. I like 'Returns' as well, but the first Batman film is a classic. This is mainly because of the on-screen chemistry between Batman and The Joker(Keaton and Nicholson). Don't get me wrong, there was great chemistry between Batman, Catwoman, & The Penguin too. But when watching Batman Returns you'll notice that the film becomes implausible and foolish at some point. Now you might say, "The original Batman film was goofy at some parts too", but you're forgetting that The Joker can actually get away with his goofy actions because...he's The Joker, he can never go too far. In my opinion 'Returns' went too far with the Penguin character, other than that I loved the Catwoman storyline. But I've watched both films a hundred times and it doesn't get any better than the original.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

I like 89 more, but in other ways to me they're equal its really hard to say!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I'd agree with Joker89.^^ The original has that chemistry that you can't
really get over.

I am Vengence,I Am The Night....

Tue, 16 Sep 2008, 03:46 #25 Last Edit: Sun, 21 Sep 2008, 04:08 by YouCanCallMeJoker
I say Batman Returns. I am only 21 years old going on  but I was introduced to these films at a very young age. I have loved them ever since. I say I prefer Batman Returns for the fact that it takes place during Christmas and I am a sucker for holiday movies.
*Wipes blood off of Newspaper*
-Winged freak TERRORIZES? Wait'll they get a load of me.

Quote from: YouCanCallMeJoker on Tue, 16 Sep  2008, 03:46
I say Batman Returns. I am only 14 years old going on 15, but I was introduced to these films at a very young age. I have loved them ever since. I say I prefer Batman Returns for the fact that it takes place during Christmas and I am a sucker for holiday movies.

Yep, I definitely watch it every Christmas!

Batman Returns because it is more emotional, and is visually more stunning, but I love them both, the best two Batman films yet, in my opinion.

By the way I think this website is great!

Returns for me. I just love the atmosphere that it has. It is a true Burton film, he had a lot more say in things as opposed to Batman 89.

'89 still stand to me as being a great mixture of Tim Burton's fantasy world and a REAL interpretation of Batman from all of the early batman comics along with The Killing Joke. I love BR but it just dosent have that same feeling to me....at all.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.