Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite?

Batman (1989)
42 (56.8%)
Batman Returns
32 (43.2%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Thu, 5 Jun 2008, 09:26 Last Edit: Thu, 5 Jun 2008, 09:30 by Mothy
It is a simple poll question. I haven't seen one of these around, so here it is.

I'm asking which is your favourite, not which is the best.

My vote goes to Returns. It is an exceptional follow up to Batman (1989), which is very good indeed.

My favourite is Batman Returns because of it's very adult themes. It is also stunning to look at.

Was it true that Burton and Keaton believed B89 to be darker than Returns? I seem to recall Keaton saying that Returns lacked the threatening atmosphere of 89 but i'm not sure. Anyway if it is true then i agree with Keaton. B89 does seem to have more of an edge to it and it is very sinister. Although Returns is still my fave.

Returns by a hair. Bruce/Selina's what put it just over the top for me.

Quote from: Burtonite_08 on Sat,  5 Jul  2008, 14:44
I seem to recall Keaton saying that Returns lacked the threatening atmosphere of 89 but i'm not sure.

Haven't read that.  Maybe because Batman is in greater peril during the climax of B89.

Quote from: raleagh on Sat,  5 Jul  2008, 17:50
Quote from: Burtonite_08 on Sat,  5 Jul  2008, 14:44
I seem to recall Keaton saying that Returns lacked the threatening atmosphere of 89 but i'm not sure.

Haven't read that.  Maybe because Batman is in greater peril during the climax of B89.

And because the Peril Batman is in at the end of Returns is an emotional one.

B89 by a good margin.  Mixed about Returns, though I can't stop watching it ;)
I appreciate ALL dark, serious, and faithful Batman films.

Was a tough one i have lost count how many time i've watched these but i have to say batman1989 its my all time fav batman movie.