Started by Mothy, Thu, 5 Jun 2008, 09:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite?

Batman (1989)
42 (56.8%)
Batman Returns
32 (43.2%)

Total Members Voted: 71

A verrry tough choice. I love them both. But I went with 89 too. I love the gritty style of the film very much.  (and the suit)  ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Now that I think of it, I like how tonally and stylistically different these films are. You CAN'T mistake a screen capture from BR as a B89 one, and vice versa. It's not like having two pieces of the same cake you enjoy, but like having two very different but equally enjoyable cakes  ;D

A dead race in my opinion, I love them both equally.

It's hard to choose, Because I loved both 89 and Returns.  But If I had to pick one....I'd pick Returns.   I loved it's darkness and sense of mystery. It was haunting yet beautiful.  Danny and Michelle were both top notch as the Penguin and Catwoman. Returns is a severly underrated film.  Not just as a Batman film but as a film in general. I hope one day we get another Batman movie similar in tone to Returns.  I have a special place in my heart for BR.

Tue, 30 Jun 2009, 16:19 #64 Last Edit: Tue, 30 Jun 2009, 16:23 by The Dark Knight
Just bumping this up.

New members can comment and vote in this thread if they wish.

Hopefully we will see some Returns fans, because as you know, it's an all round superior effort.  ;)

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 30 Jun  2009, 16:19
Just bumping this up.

New members can comment and vote in this thread if they wish.

Hopefully we will see some Returns fans, because as you know, it's an all round superior effort.  ;)

Maybe, posters could list the top five things they love and possibly dislike about each film before they give their final verdict.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Was watching BR yesterday, and while I loooooove 89, I think Returns is best. I prefer 89's Gotham, but Returns has better acting, better special effects, and IMO, a better Batman.
But 89 has a more nostalgic and classic atmosphere. ;D
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

I voted  Returns, its my favourite Batman film ever, however Batman would be second, both are great films, but I just like Returns as its not as religious to the comics as Batman.  I have never read a Batman comic, and probably never will, so I don't really care for how near to the comics the films are, however I do know about the origins of characters and such.

Plus, I like the darkness of Returns, and the psychology of it.

Oh, and I love how Batman is such a badass, lol
He just kicks major ass and just doesn't give a piss

The poll's split right down the center with 50/50.

I'm going with B89.

Quote from: KeatonBatman on Sat, 25 Jul  2009, 17:10
The poll's split right down the center with 50/50.

I'm going with B89.

"Split, Right Down The Center"

I had to, lol