Batman returns video game

Started by dale01, Tue, 3 Jun 2008, 14:58

Previous topic - Next topic
this game was released on many platforms, personally ive only got the sega genesis/megadrive version, i was just wondering if anyone else had the game on a different platform, and how did it relate to the movie, seeing as the genesis version has absolulty nohing in  common with the movie.

is there any chace you could send me a link to the Sega version of Returns for PC. cheers :)

A "Batman Returns" game for PC was made by Konami but it's a adventure point-&-Click type of game. In this game, you can search clues & evidences, fight off bad guys & interrogate them for more infos, analyze villains using Bat Computer & even drive the Batmobile & Batskiboat. You don't actually drive the vehicles but rather just point the direction where you want to go with your current vehicles. This game has multiple endings, depending on your completed search of vital evidences & accomplish certain objectives.

I've got the Amiga version of Returns & it's one of the worst games I've ever played!

Here's some info on it: http://hol.abime.net/56 Check out some of the reviews!

It's almost ironic, B89 was one of the best Amiga film tie-ins & Returns was the worst!  :'(

Thu, 23 Jul 2009, 16:50 #6 Last Edit: Thu, 23 Jul 2009, 16:54 by silenig
I just love Batman Returns for Super NES. Magnificent game.

The Atari Lynx version had some interesting scenery.

The PC had several elements that brought you close to the feel of the movie (especially the backgrounds and some music), but it was a very limited (almost tedious) as a point/click adventure with so much better and deeper games in the market at the time. An action game with these graphics would be a winner.

Batman Returns Games in an old Bat fansite

I remember the Batman Returns game for the Sega CD looking very cool from the short clips I would see on tv back in the day, but being someone who never went for that system, I never played it.

BR for SNES was pure gold, and the Genesis version wasnt bad either.

The NES version of Batman Returns was pretty cool as well as it's essentially just a 8-bit version of the SNES game. I still remember the fact that the Joker was actually mentioned in the game's storyline outline that would pop up if you didnt click on the start button right away, and liking that quite a bit.

Nothing major though. Just stating that things were quiet in Gotham following Batman defeating the Joker a few years previously.  :)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Wed, 5 Aug 2009, 15:39 #8 Last Edit: Wed, 5 Aug 2009, 16:26 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 23 Jul  2009, 19:23
Nothing major though. Just stating that things were quiet in Gotham following Batman defeating the Joker a few years previously.  :)
Things were quiet? The City had a major face-lift, didn't it?

You know, that's true. Though not quite as bad as when Gotham apparently fell in love with everything neon. Should have went with a smile long before that travesty.  ;D

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."