Batman returns 2 disc special edition

Started by dale01, Fri, 30 May 2008, 11:08

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 30 May 2008, 11:08 Last Edit: Fri, 30 May 2008, 11:14 by dale01
im thinking of purchasing the 2 disc set but i only really want to get it if theres enough special features and extras, does anyone know what the second disc contains of , thanks.  :)   

'The Bat, The Cat And The Penguin': cast and crew recall the making of the sequel
'Shadows Of The Bat - The Cinematic Saga Of The Dark Knight Part 4': The Dark Side Of The Night
'Gotham City Revisited: The Production Design Of Batman Returns' featurette
'Sleek, Sexy And Sinister: The Costumes Of Batman Returns' featurette
'Making Up The Penguin' featurette
'Assembling The Arctic Army' featurette
'Bats, Mattes And Dark Knights: The Visual Effects Of Batman' featurette
'Face To Face' music video from Siouxsie And The Banshees
'Heroes And Villains' profile galleries
Theatrical trailer

The region 2 version does not have tim burton commentary on the movie.

If you are a fan of the movie, there is more than enough stuff on it to entertain you.

thanks in that case i think i probably will make a purchase. cheers

Actually, the Burton commentary is part of the German Region 2 release.
To those who don't have it on their DVD, it's a little repetitive, especially if you've already seen the other special features. Burton even half-jokingly apologizes for the boring commentary at the end. :D

Definitely pick up the SE DVDs. All of them. I consider them must haves for any Batman fan.

The U.K. is a little overprotecting when it comes to movie violence with their censorship.
For example: They edited out Obi Wan Kenobi getting a headbutt from Jango Fett in Attack of the Clones.

Sun, 1 Jun 2008, 13:19 #6 Last Edit: Sun, 1 Jun 2008, 13:21 by raleagh
They are getting better.  The headbutt was 1 sec.  They probably told Fox that without the cut they would get a 12A rating (which still allows children under 12 to see it but they must have an adult with them) and Fox were afraid they would lose money.

The cut from Returns was to stop copycats putting cans in the microwave.  But since they gave it a 15 rating, it hardly makes a difference!

So, the Shrek Department Store exploded because Catwoman ripped off the fuseage to the gase canister? No explanation what caused sparks/ flames?

I was at Blockbuster to rent B89 and the cashier told me that she preferred Returns over 89. She also told me that her daughter liked Returns also.