BBC America’s Version

Started by Kamdan, Fri, 10 Feb 2012, 05:32

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 10 Feb 2012, 05:32 Last Edit: Fri, 10 Feb 2012, 05:33 by Kamdan
My God, it's cut to ribbons! They sacrifice entire scenes in order to fit in atrociously long commercial breaks. It's more like a highlight reel.

Heh, it's the opposite here in New Zealand... We're forced to cut to commercial more often (on American TV shows) because they've inherently got more adverts than we do.

I was watching The Walking Dead the other night with the wife and was wondering why they were cutting to a commercial every 9 minutes...   ???

Quote from: KeatonisBatman on Fri, 10 Feb  2012, 07:03
Heh, it's the opposite here in New Zealand... We're forced to cut to commercial more often (on American TV shows) because they've inherently got more adverts than we do.

I was watching The Walking Dead the other night with the wife and was wondering why they were cutting to a commercial every 9 minutes...   ???
because as much as commericals make they pay as much to have it air
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 10 Feb  2012, 05:57
Examples?
Well, they cut to commerical after the "Those things are for prying eyes!" line from The Penguin. When it picked back up, it was when Batman parks the Batmobile in he alley and the shield come up.

Quote from: Kingdjack4500 on Tue, 14 Feb  2012, 05:01
Quote from: KeatonisBatman on Fri, 10 Feb  2012, 07:03

because as much as commericals make they pay as much to have it air

It was a rhetorical question, really.  Meaning I figured out why the adverts were playing so often when I realized it was an American show.

Quote from: Kamdan on Thu, 16 Feb  2012, 18:22
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 10 Feb  2012, 05:57
Examples?
Well, they cut to commerical after the "Those things are for prying eyes!" line from The Penguin. When it picked back up, it was when Batman parks the Batmobile in he alley and the shield come up.
Hilariously bad editing. Thanks for the example.

Bizarre... so they didn't cut out the "Just the pussy I been lookin' for" line... but they did cut out the part where Catwoman gives herself a bath?   ???

And I thought the "edited to fit inside of 2 hours plus commercials" version we had in the U.S. was bad!
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Sorry to go a little off topic but when I first saw Ghostbusters on tv in the early 90's they cut all the stuff with Rick Moranis and the terror dogs out, Peter Venkman's creepy bedroom scene with "Zuul" and even Ray's "dream sequence" with a lady ghost! When I finally bought the VHS i thought I'd found some wonderous lost director's cut lol