'Batman Returns' Hot Toys figures!! - coming late 2012

Started by Pfeiffer-Pfan, Wed, 18 Jan 2012, 15:41

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: KeatonisBatman on Sat, 21 Jan  2012, 19:02
I'm guessing they'll be around the same price of the 89 Keaton Batman... $230?  Although Pfeiffer's Catwoman had a lot less "accessories"... The taser and the bullwhip are all I can think of...so it may be a bit cheaper   :)
Not sure about that. I can see them upping her price due to how popular it will undoubtedly be.

For example:

Nicholson's Joker figure is $264.99
Keaton's Batman figure is $239.99

There was a big deal made about securing Nicholson's likeness, and thus the price reflected that.

maybe michelle won't be so anal about her likeness and it'll be cheaper?

wishful thinking.  :(

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 22 Jan  2012, 01:08
Not sure about that. I can see them upping her price due to how popular it will undoubtedly be.

That's possible.  But, if you average out the price of Hot Toys figures... they are around $200 USD.  About half of their figures break the $200 mark and the other half remain below that. 

I think Nicholson (to this day) still gets $$ on his Joker likeness, which is likely why there was a price hike on that figure. 

I suppose it really depends on whether Catwoman has a removable mask... how many accessories there are... the cost of whatever material they use to make her costume (vinyl or leather?)... So maybe the price will be similar to Keaton's Batman.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 22 Jan  2012, 04:29
maybe michelle won't be so anal about her likeness and it'll be cheaper?

wishful thinking.  :(

Hmm... I wonder if Keaton made a buck off Hot Toys? 

Anyone remember the Movie Maniacs line by McFarlane toys? Or the Sleepy Hollow line? Even though the level of detail is nothing compared to what Hot Toys is doing, IMO the quality of these figures holds up even today by the standards of their size (less than 20cm tall if I remember right) and their price. They were cheaper than an unused PlayStation game. These were high quality figures/"statues" aimed at collectors and film buffs, and yet they were almost as cheap as the "standard" action figures made by Kenner, Mattel or ToyBiz.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Hot Toys produced those high quality products based on the Burton films, it shows these classic films still have an audience and people that respect them (and ready to pay hundreds of dollars to get products related to them, if they can afford it), but, personally, I would be fine with smaller, less detailed, but more affordable figures. I wish they also made smaller versions at about 40-50 dollars each.

Its still stupid
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

The cost is justified.  Look at the quality, the articulation, the packaging... the research and time that it takes to get the molds just right, etc.  It doesn't mean I enjoy paying $200+ for a figure... but that's just the reality of it.  I had a character made into a "maquette" that I created about 2 years ago and getting that 3D-printed cost me nearly $600, so to get something of this quality for the price isn't too bad.  I'm curious to know what their markup is.  I'd imagine its at least 40-50%...

Justified thats a load of crap I can get a blu ray player or a game console for cheaper I dont care how good it looks it still a dumb price thats all I got to say about that
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light