TDKR Prologue discussion (SPOILERS)

Started by Paul (ral), Wed, 14 Dec 2011, 11:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 16 Dec  2011, 07:05
Quote from: Furstmobile on Fri, 16 Dec  2011, 06:53
Apparently Bruce and Selina dance at a masquerade ball.
They do.

There's a fine line between homage and rip off. These nods just show who really is the king.

Again, stop the winks and make your own history.

Thats what I'm thining, its set during winter, there's Catwoman, it seems maybe a little too much like Returns.  Not as good however, obviously, but I'm sure it'll be fun.

Quote from: Seantastic on Fri, 16 Dec  2011, 20:13
but I'm sure it'll be fun.
And I hope it is. Bane is being presented as a very formidable opponent.

Bruce and Batman are set to lose a lot. The building back up and reclaiming section of the film are sure to give goosebumps.

But as you know Seantastic, as a fellow Burton Batman fan we've got to call these things out.  ;)

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 17 Dec  2011, 02:10
Quote from: Seantastic on Fri, 16 Dec  2011, 20:13
but I'm sure it'll be fun.
And I hope it is. Bane is being presented as a very formidable opponent.

Bruce and Batman are set to lose a lot. The building back up and reclaiming section of the film are sure to give goosebumps.

But as you know Seantastic, as a fellow Burton Batman fan we've got to call these things out.  ;)

You know, I agree, I mean I know that I will never like this film as much as Returns, never, but I am a big Bane fan, I really like him, and its the one thing thats been missing from Nolan's films.  Fighting.  There has been very few, if any real fight scenes, look at Returns, the only time we really seen Batman, he's cracking some ass (awesomely might I add, my favourite fight scenes ever in films) so I'm really loking forward to seeing Batman and Bane battle.

Another similarity I forgot to call out:

CIA guy: "Was getting caught part of your plan?"
Bane: "Of course."

Gordon in TDK: "The Joker planned to be caught!"

As I said in the Bane's voice thread- I saw the prologue on IMAX and I could only understand a couple of Bane's lines.  When the plane dipped down and they were abducting the doctor, I couldn't make out a single sentence.  It's distracting and I can see where the complaints came from.  (I even heard "Was it just me or was the dialogue a little muffled?" comment in the audience.  Not something you want people to say if you're trying to entice them with footage to watch a movie).

Aside from that, I still agree with every point The Dark Knight has made.  I was underwhelmed, too, after all the hype.  The Gordon intro, while a nice tie-in to TDK was rather out of place.  There wasn't really anything new to Bane's actions that we hadn't seen from the other Batman villains.  I would've much preferred getting introduced to Bane through Batman's eyes rather than following what the previous movie did and introducing the villain through another heist.

Oh well.  Hopefully the rest of the movie is better.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Just saw Paul's post on Twitter and Facebook:
QuoteJust watching 007 License to Kill. The start is very like a certain prologue #tdkr #homage

I don't know if it's a deliberate homage, but I know Nolan is a Bond fan and the hijacking of the plane is similar, in terms of grabbing it and making it nosedive.

For visual reference:
http://www.ianflemingfoundation.org/ltk-2a.jpg
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Yeah, License to Kill was on tv this morning.

Indeed, LTK comes to mind. Very, very similar - almost too much to call it a homage.

Tue, 3 Jan 2012, 17:02 #19 Last Edit: Tue, 3 Jan 2012, 17:05 by Paul (ral)