TDKR Prologue discussion (SPOILERS)

Started by Paul (ral), Wed, 14 Dec 2011, 11:17

Previous topic - Next topic

It was meant to be mind-blowing, but I didn't find it to be that exactly. It's quite underwhelming, actually. Just like TDK's prologue, we have the main villain hidden from people in plain sight. The way the characters discuss Bane's mask is just like how Joker's goons discuss his makeup. And then TDK's skyhook trick is repeated.

Did you see it in IMAX or youtube.

I saw it on youtube. Hard to form an opinion from the crappy vid on youtube - though some people are having orgasms based on the youtube vid alone.  :D

Saw it on IMAX. TDK did get me pumped with its trailer and whatnot. But this isn't exciting me in the same way at this point. Bane's muffled mumbling voice is definitely going to need work in post production. With all the importance on realism, how could Bane and Batman actually have a conversation with one another?

I've just heard that Bane will be more audible on final release.

I liked it.
The thing I'm most excited about this film is the end of Nolan's series, I just want it to end and the new series to start in 2014.  So I'm not as cautious of spoilers as I was for TDK, not that I'm reading any, but I didn't even watch the prologue for TDK.  (I didn't know what it was tbh)

But I liked it, its certainly not Bane from the comics, but he still seems menacing, like low key, "you know I can kill you, don't you" kinda thing.

The very brief introduction with Gordon's speech has connective tissue with TDK's end, but really, I'd just cut it and jump straight into the plane heist sequence. They establish it and then leave it immediately. It's kind of jarring in a way. It doesn't really need to be there, really. Just watch TDK beforehand. Now, if the film opened up with a tense batpod chase, with hordes of police cars chasing after Batman, where he narrowly escapes capture by grappeling up to the Batwing, I'd say it's reaching the term mind blowing. But repeating TDK's skyhook extraction doesn't do anything for me. We've already seen that. That moment in TDK should be unique to that film, IMO. Do something different this time, Nolan.

just release the damn footage online Nolan and warner bros.

So has anybody seen the trailer? Apparently Bruce and Selina dance at a masquerade ball.

It was very low quality, could hardly see or hear anything.

Quote from: Furstmobile on Fri, 16 Dec  2011, 06:53
Apparently Bruce and Selina dance at a masquerade ball.
They do.

There's a fine line between homage and rip off. These nods just show who really is the king.

Again, stop the winks and make your own history.