What was missing?

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 8 May 2008, 21:53

Previous topic - Next topic

I wish in 89 there were more shots of Smilex victims at the anniversary festival with actual Joker grins. The only one I remember from that sequence was that guy who fell on Vicki's windshield but his grin looked normal.

Quote from: batass4880 on Fri,  5 Dec  2008, 03:37
I wish in 89 there were more shots of Smilex victims at the anniversary festival with actual Joker grins. The only one I remember from that sequence was that guy who fell on Vicki's windshield but his grin looked normal.
I believe they were two different things, that were killing people, the gas at the end isnt smilex.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Hmmmm...I think it is Smilex without a doubt. It makes sense, "If you gotta go, go with a smile." Plus it is green.

Plus it makes little sense for a screenwriter to script a line like "it's Smilex gas", which is what Vicki said.  If it ain't Smilex, that line would only confuse the audience.

Precisely. DarkVengeance, what on Earth were you thinking when you said that?!

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri,  5 Dec  2008, 06:37
Precisely. DarkVengeance, what on Earth were you thinking when you said that?!
well I didnt see anyone dying with large Joker like smiles on their faces. Obviously just not in the budget to do the makeup on a large crowd, of course it didnt really show many people dying at all anyways.

What was I thinking? Ask the smilex, it gave me a large laughing buzz for the night, I might have sprayed too much hairspray with my cologne.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Who knows how long it takes for that stuff to take effect. I dont think Joker cared about running tests, etc. A whole lot of people would have died there, and frankly, they deserve it for being so stupid to even turn up. Joker died, but he took a lot with him.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Fri,  5 Dec  2008, 10:13
well I didnt see anyone dying with large Joker like smiles on their faces. Obviously just not in the budget to do the makeup on a large crowd, of course it didnt really show many people dying at all anyways.

The guy who falls over Vicki and Knox's car has a wide grin on his face (from the initial effects of smilex).

Another possible source for confusion on the Smilex vs. Non-Smilex issue is that Smilex was previously shown to cause the news reporter to laugh herself to death.  In the parade sequence, the victims are not laughing. 
If I'm wrong, though, I'll happily rewatch the sequence and prick up my ears.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...