Catwoman Revealed

Started by The Dark Knight, Fri, 5 Aug 2011, 08:27

Previous topic - Next topic
Jett can be an idiot most of the time and so are his pals. Just the news he posts he puts too much personal feeling of Batman in it that it's hard to read.

That's funny BatmAngelus, the other day I was thinking that I wouldn't be surprised if they called her "The Cat" instead of Catwoman...since she merely seems to resemble a cat burgler.

Quote from: gotham22 on Wed, 10 Aug  2011, 05:35
Jett can be an idiot most of the time and so are his pals. Just the news he posts he puts too much personal feeling of Batman in it that it's hard to read.
An alternative site I visit for just Dark Knight Rises news is http://batman-news.com
Webmaster Chris B. sticks to the facts, with no snarky commentary.

As for the comic Hathaway's talking about, here's a rundown by Chris Sims at ComicsAlliance in case you're curious what it's about:
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/08/10/anne-hathaway-catwoman-comic/
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Batman-News seems like a good, reliable site. I only discovered it after Kevin Conroy named it as one of the three best Batman sites (along with this one). I've noticed they have links to external message boards on their main page. It'd be nice if we could exchange links with them.

QuoteAs for the comic Hathaway's talking about, here's a rundown by Chris Sims at ComicsAlliance in case you're curious what it's about:
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/08/10/anne-hathaway-catwoman-comic/

It's quite refreshing to have an actor reference a more obscure comic for inspiration, as opposed to simply namedropping Frank Miller and Jeph Loeb like everyone else. It shows they've done some independent research.

I can't for someone to make a decent unrealistic Batman film that will force Jett to close down he "FAN" site.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Wed, 10 Aug  2011, 20:41
Batman-News seems like a good, reliable site. I only discovered it after Kevin Conroy named it as one of the three best Batman sites (along with this one).
Kevin Conroy named Batman-Online as one of the best Batman sites?

I wonder if he reads the forums....?

A few weeks ago Kevin tweeted:

Whadda guy. A terrific Batman and an all round class act.

QuoteI wonder if he reads the forums....?

I knew that CONROY SUCKS thread was a bad idea. ::)

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Thu, 11 Aug  2011, 21:26
A few weeks ago Kevin tweeted:

Whadda guy. A terrific Batman and an all round class act.

QuoteI wonder if he reads the forums....?

I knew that CONROY SUCKS thread was a bad idea. ::)

Holy crap...

I barely come here to this forum, but after reading all of these comments on Hathaway's Catwoman, I think I'll stop by much more now. I normally post over at SHH, and I'm in the minority of people who are upset by the aesthetics of both Catwoman and Bane, along with Bane's voice, and from what I can see, Batman fighting in the day.

To me, just because you wear a leather suit, doesn't make you Catwoman. From what we have seen so far, she has shown absolutely no feline traits to her costume. There are no claws, whip, cat-ears, cowl, etc. Her goggles don't even have a cat-like shape to it, they just look like some generic high-tech goggles. And I'm getting sick of people saying this is just an updated version of the Julie Newmar suit. Are you kidding me? Julie Newmar's suit had the domino mask, sure, but she also had claws, cat-ears, spoke like a cat, and had cat-like motives to her entire persona. It was completely evident, even by looking at her, that she was trying to personify a cat. With Hathaway's version.....nothing.

Well, performance has yet to factor in. And I would be content with just the addition of the cat ears. Because, really, you can resemble a cat without the whip and claws, but not without the ears.

And no problem with Batman fighting in the daylight. If something bad enough happened, Batman would be damn stupid not to show up. He ain't gonna let people die just because the sun's up.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton