The "almost" cast 89 Joker actors

Started by Reevz666, Mon, 29 Oct 2007, 21:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Which "almost" cast actor would have been a great second choice for the 89 Joker

Tim Curry
Donald Sutherland
Robin Williams
James Woods
John Lithgow
Mon, 29 Oct 2007, 21:46 Last Edit: Mon, 29 Oct 2007, 22:00 by raleagh
I thought that this would be interesting to see what everyone thought the best second choice 89 Joker would be using the list Warner Bros. was going by at the time...so? what do you think??

Mon, 29 Oct 2007, 22:00 #1 Last Edit: Mon, 29 Oct 2007, 22:03 by raleagh
I had to go for James Woods.  Each of the others might have been good, but there is something about each one of them that doesn't suit.

Tim Curry would have relished the make-up (IT, Legend) but his face doesn't seem the right shape.   

I can't see Donald Sutherland doing 'manic'.

Robin is too 'manic' - and the Riddler would have been more suited (though i would prefer a more sedated calculating Riddler in the movies.

I just can't see John Lithgow in the Joker's make-up at all.

Jack was great and Ledger has big shoes to fill, but I would have liked to have seen James Wood's effort.

Wow. Great topic.

I also have to go with Woods. He would have suited the gangster background very well. He also has an intensity about him that the others just seem to lack.

Tue, 30 Oct 2007, 00:52 #3 Last Edit: Tue, 30 Oct 2007, 00:55 by Reevz666
James Woods huh? my vote would be Tim Curry all the way....for one, he's a great character actor and probably one of the only actors I know of in our time( other than Gary Oldman) to be able to go from zero to maniac in 3 seconds while in heavy prothstetic make up....and Curry played an evil clown in "IT" so the character wouldn't really be a stretch for him and if anything would give him more of an edge because he's had the practice and would be able to chew up the scenery around him with his charm all the while still being evil......I also like the fact that he has a Brittish accent, something about that accent makes a villain sound like he's intelligent rather than just crazy...Curry also has great "Joker" eyesbrows and a naturally broad smile ...and doing a make-up role for him would be like second nature... he's also about the same hight as Keaton and would be very easy to manipulate Keatons hight over Curry while in costume....Donald Sutherland would be my second after Curry but he's just so damn tall that he'd dwarf Keaton in every scene..Sutherland has a really cool deep voice which would make his laugh really creepy and less high pitch , plsu he's got really cold blue eyes which would ahve made the them pop under the make up.

Tim Curry would be my choice with James Woods a close second.

Tim Curry was the original voice for the BTAS Joker, he had to be replaced  when the producers weren't happy with his laugh (it kept turning into a cough as Curry was/is a heavy smoker). Scott Peterson (editor of the Animated comic books adaptation) told me this at the London comic book convention in 1992.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Hi PJ,

what's up with the batman prologue site?

Just changing servers, should be back up this weekend or early next week. New stuff coming over Christmas too.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Quote from: PJ on Thu, 22 Nov  2007, 13:27
Just changing servers, should be back up this weekend or early next week. New stuff coming over Christmas too.

ah ha, i know what that's like.  can't wait for the new stuff.  i am so excited about your film.

I voted 4 Tim Curry because he's a great actor for playing a crazzzzzy person, plus he has a great voice. James Woods would be my 2nd choice.
CHECK OUT THE NEW BAT-BLOG!
http://www.bat-blog.com

Facebook Member?   ADD ME!
http://www.facebook.com/batblog