The "almost" cast 89 Joker actors

Started by Reevz666, Mon, 29 Oct 2007, 21:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Which "almost" cast actor would have been a great second choice for the 89 Joker

Tim Curry
Donald Sutherland
Robin Williams
James Woods
John Lithgow
Another great topic i really can't choose as people have said James woods would be exellent and same goes for Tim Curry hes just one of those actors that with the oddest roles give you somthing that blows your mind but i also can't so no to John Lithgow he has done lots of comedy work so i can see why people think he would be no good but he really is a great serious actor and would do a top job.

At one point, i thought I heard Steve Martin's name in connection to a possible Joker.  I don't know how well he would have done, but I used to like him as a performer before he started pretending he was Peter Sellers.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

tim curry - he looks like the joker even without the makeup - would have been a scarier joker

Sun, 8 Mar 2009, 03:21 #23 Last Edit: Sun, 8 Mar 2009, 07:47 by Dark Knight Detective
In case if some of you guys didn't know, I want to point out that Burton originally had Michael Keaton in mind as the Joker after his performance in Beetlejuice, according to a summary of Burton's Bat films.

I'm sure that Keaton would've pulled off the role. What do you guys think?

I remember rumors about Keaton being the Joker in TDK, I'm sure they were strictly rumors, but none the less. Keaton has certainly got the quirk and charisma for the role, but I don't know, Keaton seems like he could be suited for so many different villainous roles, how can you choose just one.

Sun, 8 Mar 2009, 17:29 #25 Last Edit: Sun, 8 Mar 2009, 17:30 by Batnar
I love Keaton but I have no vision for him as the Joker lol. I can see him as some kind of quasi version of Max Shrek type from Returns. I mean, if they made him very Beetlejuice like in a Joker outfit...hmmm...  maybe it would work.

As for Tim Curry, I see him resembling Cesar Romero's Joker.  ;)

A Robin Williams Joker would be interesting just to see for myself. Hmmm..
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Sun, 8 Mar 2009, 17:48 #26 Last Edit: Thu, 11 Jun 2009, 01:28 by Dark Knight Detective
^ How about this pictures of a Keaton Joker?

I always preferred  the Donald Sutherland choice myself..he's not a very over the top actor and is really the only one out of the other choices that I could see giving a good performance

Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Sat,  7 Mar  2009, 23:20
tim curry - he looks like the joker even without the makeup - would have been a scarier joker

But he played the "Joker" - anyway, I mean a villainous clown, in Steven King's IT. I can't imagine anyone else except Jack Nicholson of course, but he'd be great as an animated Joker. However, nobody would love this animated character more than Mark Hammill.

Eh. I could never imagine Curry as the Joker. Very hard to imagine. However, he seemed like he could've been a good Riddler.