Joker mentioned in Batman Returns?

Started by Slash Man, Mon, 27 Jun 2011, 20:57

Previous topic - Next topic
Returns' only weak spot was continuity. That little tidbit would've made all the difference.

Quote from: Slash Man on Wed, 29 Jun  2011, 00:36
Returns' only weak spot was continuity. That little tidbit would've made all the difference.
I disagree.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 29 Jun  2011, 07:18
I disagree.
Seriously; referencing The Joker in Returns would've made it a better movie?

Quote from: Smalley on Wed, 29 Jun  2011, 07:21
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 29 Jun  2011, 07:18
I disagree.
Indeed Smalley. It wouldn't make any difference. BR's charm is that it's a completely different vibe.

The Vicki Vale reference is enough. And without mentioning anything, the continuity is there for the fact that it's a sequel anyway. 

Quote from: Smalley on Wed, 29 Jun  2011, 07:21
Yeah. Not majorly of course, but I would've liked if they used that idea.

While it may not matter as much to come people, continuity is still a problem. Gotham looks completely different, and we're missing some important characters in the Batman series. While this still is one of my top movie, I do feel it is still a weak spot, but only when you look at it as a sequel.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 28 Jun  2011, 23:26
Quote from: TPerry007 on Tue, 28 Jun  2011, 20:49
Wait, Wasnt there a newspaper article shown about Jokers crime? A Blink and you miss it kind of thing. I personally have never found it, but i rmember people talking about that somewhere. Maybe Im looking in the wrong places.
No. They thought about it, but it never happened. It was regarding The Joker's body going missing.

Oh, now if that was in Returns, that would have made the film like 1001/10 instead of, well 1000/10...

Still, it would have been cool IMO.

I believe in the first draft of the script Joker was mentioned.

Quote from: gotham22 on Sat,  9 Jul  2011, 16:49
I believe in the first draft of the script Joker was mentioned.
You mean in Sam Hamm's?

Quote from: Seantastic on Sat,  9 Jul  2011, 13:47
Still, it would have been cool IMO.
Hmm. The film was cool enough. I mean, we had snow, ice, Arctic World and penguins. And how can we not forget, Oswald's campaign headquarters had an air conditioner with confetti attached. Even to a guy like me, that's cold.