Should I get the Batman Blu-Ray?

Started by Scarecrow756, Mon, 9 May 2011, 21:17

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi guys, need some advice. I have just got a Blu-Ray player and it's all ready to go. Just picked up a few movies, I was wondering if I should get Batman 89 on Blu-Ray., I have owned the Special Edition DVD of the movie since 2005 when it was first released. However should I sell it and get the Blu-Ray version instead, is the improved picture quality good enough to warrant an upgrade, your comments will be very well appreciated.

"Tell me something my friend, you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight"- The Joker- Batman 89

"I guess I`m tired of wearing masks"- Selina Kyle- Batman Returns

"But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely...a legend Mr Wayne"- Henri Ducard- Batman Begins

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian, I can do those things cause I`m not a hero not like Dent"- Batman- The Dark Knight

Quote from: Scarecrow756 on Mon,  9 May  2011, 21:17
is the improved picture quality good enough to warrant an upgrade, your comments will be very well appreciated.

Absolutely! Yes!

I can't even guess at the number of times I had watched B89 before the Blu-ray...but the first watching of B89 in HD blew me away! It's a whole new experience.

Get it!

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Mon,  9 May  2011, 22:54
is the improved picture quality good enough to warrant an upgrade, your comments will be very well appreciated.

Absolutely! Yes!

I can't even guess at the number of times I had watched B89 before the Blu-ray...but the first watching of B89 in HD blew me away! It's a whole new experience.

Get it!

Thanks for the responce back Ral, I think I might get it. Batman is always a movie I watch quite lot of times in the space of a year. I have had the pleasure of seeing it on the big screen a couple of years ago and it would be good to experince the movie in high defination with enhanced sound. 8)
"Tell me something my friend, you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight"- The Joker- Batman 89

"I guess I`m tired of wearing masks"- Selina Kyle- Batman Returns

"But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely...a legend Mr Wayne"- Henri Ducard- Batman Begins

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian, I can do those things cause I`m not a hero not like Dent"- Batman- The Dark Knight

is the improved picture quality good enough to warrant an upgrade
Yes. It's like seeing the films for the first time.

Pick that bad boy up! There are alot of reviews for it online but a friend of mine got his last year and he was impressed with it and he owns over 200 blu-ray films. Pick it up, in fact you can get the 20th Anniversary Blu-ray with the digibook for a very reasonable price on Amazon and some other sites.

I'm considering getting it
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

Quote from: Kingdjack4500 on Mon, 26 Dec  2011, 01:27

I got anniversary book edition for Christmas. Watched it at midnight over with my little siblings. Pitch dark. It was amazing. Got pat way through blu ray Returns. Had to sleep. 4 am......

get it!!!

I got the anthoglogy because it cost as much as the anni pack so I can deal with having Batman and robin even if I hate that movie

Quote from: Kingdjack4500 on Mon, 26 Dec  2011, 01:27
You must own it if you're a "fan"!   ;)  It looks pretty good actually.  Picture would be about a 3.75/5.  There's a bit of noise and grain to it that's missing from say, Batman Returns, which has a startlingly beautiful blu-ray transfer.  Overall though it's worth owning.

I already said o had it