Live fan commentary recording for 2012!

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 1 Apr 2011, 09:55

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 1 Apr 2011, 09:55 Last Edit: Sun, 3 Apr 2011, 13:22 by Paul (ral)

Are you a fan of Batman Returns?

If so, then I would like to invite you to take part in a live recording of a Batman Returns commentary track to be released in 2012 as part of a new ongoing feature to celebrate the films.

Recordings will take place between June and October of this year, 2011, in several sessions (depending on the numbers taking part).

As we would like the released track to be of the highest quality we will be using Skype where possible.

If you are interested then PM me, reply here

or if you are not a member of the site
email commentary@batman-returns.com
use our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/batmanonlinecom

I'm thinking this would be the perfect occasion to unveil my voice to the world.

What do you guys think?

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri,  1 Apr  2011, 09:58
I'm thinking this would be the perfect occasion to unveil my voice to the world.

What do you guys think?

Absolutely!

The passion is there for BR. I'll see how it goes.

As this is to be recorded this year - aired next year, I fear my reveal may be posthumous.  ???

The reason for the late release is that the different sessions will need to be edited into 1 commentary track.

Cool.  I'm looking forward to it, and I'll certainly participate in at least one of the recordings!

Paul, on a similar topic, do you have a link to the recording made for the first Batman commentary from two years ago, or the live text commentary?  I've struggled to find it.  Thanks!
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I'm in! If anyone wants to take part of testing out this format with the first film, I'm also game.

Quote from: Kamdan on Fri,  1 Apr  2011, 16:09
I'm in! If anyone wants to take part of testing out this format with the first film, I'm also game.

It's the plan to have a commentary section (of sorts) on the site for loads of things, so 89 would be a must!

In case I have been vague about the process of making this the plan is:

Sessions are recorded while watching the film.

To have different recording sessions with different people (so every one can get involved and there aren't people talking over each other).

The best of these recordings would then be merged into 1 track in sync with the movie.

I would like everyone involved to pick their favourite part of the movie as well. That way everyone gets their views heard on the track about what matters to them most.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri,  1 Apr  2011, 12:30
Cool.  I'm looking forward to it, and I'll certainly participate in at least one of the recordings!

Paul, on a similar topic, do you have a link to the recording made for the first Batman commentary from two years ago, or the live text commentary?  I've struggled to find it.  Thanks!

Live text chat
http://www.batman-online.com/forum/index.php?topic=883.0

I will have to look for the audio...not sure if I have it.

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Fri,  1 Apr  2011, 16:40
Live text chat
http://www.batman-online.com/forum/index.php?topic=883.0

I will have to look for the audio...not sure if I have it.
Thanks Paul.  Much appreciated!  Don't worry if you can't find the old recording, although I trust that any future commentaries will be permanently-accessible from the site from the aforementioned 'commentary section' when it commences?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.