Live fan commentary recording for 2012!

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 1 Apr 2011, 09:55

Previous topic - Next topic
I'd love to take part this time (even though my English accent is worse than Arnie's, lol) we'll see. My possible participation would require an additional subtitle track.  :)

Fri, 1 Apr 2011, 21:47 #11 Last Edit: Fri, 1 Apr 2011, 22:16 by Kamdan
I don't think that one turned out great, due the low phone quality. Skype gives out a better output. The only thing that I would ask it to watch the film with head phones on a computer or on mute for the clearest recording.

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Fri,  1 Apr  2011, 16:40
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri,  1 Apr  2011, 12:30
Cool.  I'm looking forward to it, and I'll certainly participate in at least one of the recordings!

Paul, on a similar topic, do you have a link to the recording made for the first Batman commentary from two years ago, or the live text commentary?  I've struggled to find it.  Thanks!

Live text chat
http://www.batman-online.com/forum/index.php?topic=883.0

I will have to look for the audio...not sure if I have it.

I found the audio. I will try and get it up loaded tomorrow.

Anyone who is interested in taking part and is not a member of the site can email

commentary@batman-returns.com

to take part.

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Fri,  1 Apr  2011, 16:37

To have different recording sessions with different people (so every one can get involved and there aren't people talking over each other).

The best of these recordings would then be merged into 1 track in sync with the movie.

I would like everyone involved to pick their favourite part of the movie as well. That way everyone gets their views heard on the track about what matters to them most.

If everything works out and I'm in, I know that I will write down my comments some time before this takes place. English being a second language is a prime reason for this, I think it's better to prepare the text. My favourite part is the brief scene just before the Cemetery, when Batman patrols in the car while the Penguin writes down his list. I hope you don't mind me sounding like the Chechen from The Dark Knight, I've spent some time in the UK in the past so I think my English isn't incomprehensible, but I still have an accent.

Quote from: SilentEnigma on Sun,  3 Apr  2011, 18:50
If everything works out and I'm in, I know that I will write down my comments some time before this takes place. English being a second language is a prime reason for this, I think it's better to prepare the text. My favourite part is the brief scene just before the Cemetery, when Batman patrols in the car while the Penguin writes down his list. I hope you don't mind me sounding like the Chechen from The Dark Knight, I've spent some time in the UK in the past so I think my English isn't incomprehensible, but I still have an accent.

SilentEnigma, if your spoken English is half as eloquent as your written English I'm certain your comments for the commentary will be extremely worthwhile.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I'd love to be part of this. It's one of the most important films to me, and I'd love to talk about why!!! 
I recently got to see it on the big screen (in print) preceded by the film it was inspired by ("Repulsion") as part of the Tim Burton exhibition that was in Toronto from November 2010 - April 2011.... I also got to meet Tim!!!!

Quote from: malice9203 on Thu,  7 Apr  2011, 07:05
I'd love to be part of this. It's one of the most important films to me, and I'd love to talk about why!!! 
I recently got to see it on the big screen (in print) preceded by the film it was inspired by ("Repulsion") as part of the Tim Burton exhibition that was in Toronto from November 2010 - April 2011.... I also got to meet Tim!!!!

Sweet!

I'd be interested, but don't have skype or anything, oh well :'(