Is Marion Cotillard attached to TDKR?

Started by Paul (ral), Mon, 14 Feb 2011, 12:46

Previous topic - Next topic
If so who will she be?

My money is on Talia. What do you think?

I honestly have no idea about Cotillard outside of Inception. Not a big name, but I think she would be alright.  And yep, Talia would be an educated guess. I suppose they'd be able to balance her and Catwoman's screen time. But I would prefer Hathaway getting the most, cos' I mean Catwoman is by far the greater character - not just in terms of iconography.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 14 Feb  2011, 12:55
I honestly have no idea about Cotillard outside of Inception. Not a big name, but I think she would be alright.  And yep, Talia would be an educated guess. I suppose they'd be able to balance her and Catwoman's screen time. But I would prefer Hathaway getting the most, cos' I mean Catwoman is by far the greater character - not just in terms of iconography.
I'm really stoked about this news.  I saw Ma Vie En Rose on tv the other evening and as the Oscar testifies, she's really very good.  My only concern is that with Bane, Catwoman, and the still rumoured potential likes of Talia, Alberto Falcone and Dr Hugo Strange, there will be too many juicy villains for just one movie.  I'm sure Nolan can make it work some how but it would appear that some characters may end up getting short-changed.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Mon, 14 Feb 2011, 23:45 #3 Last Edit: Tue, 15 Feb 2011, 10:16 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon, 14 Feb  2011, 23:20
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 14 Feb  2011, 12:55
I'm really stoked about this news.  I saw Ma Vie En Rose on tv the other evening and as the Oscar testifies, she's really very good.  My only concern is that with Bane, Catwoman, and the still rumoured potential likes of Talia, Alberto Falcone and Dr Hugo Strange, there will be too many juicy villains for just one movie.  I'm sure Nolan can make it work some how but it would appear that some characters may end up getting short-changed.
I read that Nolan wrote a long script and it had to be trimmed down. So I think there will be enough room in there for everybody. But I have the same concerns as you. I want the right people getting that time.

She's a great actress, she'll do well with whatever role. I still strongly believe the League of Shadows will be features as Nolan wants to bring the story "full circle".