I'm melting, i'm melting

Started by Paul (ral), Sun, 20 Apr 2008, 16:09

Previous topic - Next topic
Nothing more than that line from Jack.

Quote from: raleagh on Tue, 29 Apr  2008, 10:24
That's what I always thought.  Which leads me to another point - was there a scene (planned or filmed) with Alica being scared with acid that the Joker could be referencing?

I've never heard, or read anything about that scene being planned or filmed.

As dark as Batman 1989 was, especially compared to what the public only knew Batman as being the Adam West version, a scene like that may have been a bit much for audiences to take in.

But let's just say for arguments sakes, that the scene was indeed filmed. It probably would have been ultimately cut from the theatrical version. I could easily see a scene like that stopping the movie cold in it's tracks. With people talking about what they had just seen. Much like the infamous "Spider Crab" scene from the 1933 King Kong.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Wed, 21 May 2008, 21:05 #12 Last Edit: Fri, 20 Jun 2008, 06:44 by nickdaring
Hmmm, I always thought he was mimicking the scene from Wizard of OZ where the witch is melted with a bucket of water. I always thought he was saying "what a world" like the witch does while melting.

Nick

Hi guys I am new here and I think the site is great by the way.

But I always thought the Joker was imitating the witch from wizard of oz.

I thought he was saying 'I'm melting, oh I'm melting, oh I'm melting I'm melting down

Wed, 19 Nov 2008, 21:23 #14 Last Edit: Thu, 24 Feb 2011, 03:05 by THE BAT-MAN
I've been repeating this scene over and over on my dvd and amplifiying the volume and I've come to 2 conclusions.  First, I do believe he is referencing from wizard of oz.  Second, I understand completely what his final words are and let me tell you your not going to think that it makes any sense so after I reveal what he is saying, I challenge you put the scene on and compare it for yourself.

"Arrgghh,  help me,  Uharrgghh, I'm melting,  Aarrggh, I'm melting, I'm melting, I'M MELTING, GOD"!  " Arrgghh Oh it'll be okay, help,  he'll be okay".
"Boo"!  HAaa Heehh Haa haaa

Thats one of my favorite moments of The Joker period, in comic book or film history, its truly iconic and creepy as hell.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Maybe it's "argggh, help me obi-wan, help me obi-wan"!

That was a great scene and very creepy.

I love Joker's laugh there. Not anyone could pull that one off. Go ahead, try it yourself.  ;)

Quote from: Max on Thu, 20 Nov  2008, 20:14
I love Joker's laugh there. Not anyone could pull that one off. Go ahead, try it yourself.  ;)

Damn you, your right it hard.