I'm melting, i'm melting

Started by Paul (ral), Sun, 20 Apr 2008, 16:09

Previous topic - Next topic
In the scene where Vicki throws water in the Joker's face.

He say's "urghh, help me, arggh, i'm melting, i'm melting, Jack!!!!....."

what does he say then? it seems like he was imitating what Alicia might have said when he threw acid in her face.

".....helpme, helpme, helpme! Arghhh gawd, helpme, helpme....

Boo!!"

I think
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

it's like

"arghh, Jack, I'll be ok, I'll be ok" but that doesn't make sense!

I don't hear that at all. LOL sorry mate. Have you tried watching your dvd with the subtitles on?
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

yeah, it doesn't say anything for the last wee bit.

Raleagh, you been smokin' the happy weed again? :D

I always thought he said GOD!!, not JACCCCKKK. But if he had said Jack he could have been talking to himself in the third person as if the Joker and Jack were two diff people.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Sun, 20 Apr  2008, 19:18
I always thought he said GOD!!, not JACCCCKKK. But if he had said Jack he could have been talking to himself in the third person as if the Joker and Jack were two diff people.

Well .....

Thereis the scene inside Vicki's apartment where Wayne begins talking about Jack, "Let me tell about a guy I know, Jack. Mean kid. Bad seed. Hurt people." To which Joker replies, "I like him already!" Implying to the viewer, that The Joker is simply going along with the game Bruce Wayne is playing, or that when Joker said to Grissom, "Jack is dead" he truly meant it in more ways than one.

As far as what The Joker is saying right before the "BOO!" line, personally it sounds like he's saying, "I'll be ok! I'll be ok!" over and over. Which may, or may not be mocking Alicia when Joker decided to, in his words, make her into A Living Work of Art. Because I can see how denial, especially with something that horrific, being one of the, if only initially, responses from an act like that.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Tue, 29 Apr  2008, 09:22
As far as what The Joker is saying right before the "BOO!" line, personally it sounds like he's saying, "I'll be ok! I'll be ok!" over and over. Which may, or may not be mocking Alicia when Joker decided to, in his words, make her into A Living Work of Art. Because I can see how denial, especially with something that horrific, being one of the, if only initially, responses from an act like that.

That's what I always thought.  Which leads me to another point - was there a scene (planned or filmed) with Alica being scared with acid that the Joker could be referencing?